Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How can I get wheatgrass into me without a juicer?

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I really want to utilize the healing powers of wheatgrass that I always hear about, but I don’t have a juicer. Could I blend the wheatgrass and then strain through a nutsack or some other fabric?

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

That was an idea that I had about the nutbag. Why not? You can also order frozen organic wheatgrass online. It’s mega bucks and out of my budget, so I never tried it.

• I saw a video on youtube and some guy had done wheatgrass juice with his vitamix blender, I tried it with mine and didn’t have great success with it though and just ended up making a mess. I think some health food stores have frozen wheatgrass juice shooters. You can always try Jamba Juice, if you have them in your area, and buy a shot whenever the mood strikes.

Also try some second hand shops, like Salvation Army, or low priced stores like Ross, Marshalls, etc…etc….sometime you can pick up a juicer for next to nothing.

This site http://www.dynamicgreens.com/how-to-use-frozen-... sells them online to.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

i buy the wheat seeds at a bulk food store , grow them indoors in plastic dish pans with like 5” of soil . cut off at soil with scissors after a week when about 4” . cut into half inch bits so not to bog down blender half full with water . about 150 blades per batch . blend on high a minute , let set like 10 minutes for nutrients to seep out of grass . strain through fine screen metal kitchen strainer . alot of people squeeze in lemon juice to improve taste . ps – ive just got a cheap blender and it does the job fine . also , i grow the wheat outdoors during growing season .

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I had this same question and tried to put wheatgrass in my breville juicer but it wouldn’t extract anything

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

it might be a cheap-o method, but my mom used to just cut some off and chew on it… like a cow or something, and spit out the hard stuff.

you could probably just eat the whole thing?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions! I think pretty soon I’m going to get a juicer just for wheatgrass, manual so that I can take it camping.

• Has anyone tried the frozen wheat grass,aside from the price is it as potent /fresh as the FRESH kind?

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hey Michigan Roman,I do exactly like you do.I have my indoors wheatgrass and blend it on my vitamix with water.Another day I add cucumber,celery,romaine,and strained with my nutbag.I’ll add lemon juice from now on,thanks.