Almond Meal

I have found a few recipes that call for almond meal and found some at my local store but at $15 a bag… well that’s too steep for me to do. It wouldn’t be so bad if the bag had more in it than 2.5 cups!
I make real good almond mylk and I have been thinking that if I take the pulp left over from the mylk and stick it in my dehydrator and dry it like 9 hours(ot till hard) I can then process it till a nice powder forms. The cinnamon buns would be great with the pulp from my orange almond mylk.
What do you think? I just want to know if it is the same stuff?
Thanks.
Blessings to all)O(

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I think almond meal is just ground up almonds. You can use your Vitamix or food processor or even a coffee grinder (although be careful not to over process, as nuts start to get oily). Almond flour, on the other hand, will be skinless, meaning it was blanched to get it that way before grinding. Make it yourself and save buco bucks.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

I’ve heard of alot of people substituting their left over pulp. Even if the pulp is still coarse, just run it through the processor again but let it dry of course.

• JosiegirlJosiegirl Raw Newbie

I always dehydrate my pulp from almond mylk and it works great for every recipe I’ve tried.

• Its best to use your own almond meal. Most meals sold are often rancid. The oils in nuts don’t keep very well once cut or ground.