Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw in England?

Comments

• congratulations keep it up!

• :D you too!!

• Hi evildarkvirus

congrats keep going

What are you doing exactly to get this result?

in re: to juices i tried the following two and they are great.
    As made at the “Boston Tea Party”

frozen Blueberry handfull
    banana *
    ice cubes
    apple juice
    1” ginger

and blitz
    • i omitt the banana i dont like them

my combination
    carrots
    orange
    lemon—zest, pealed and then juiced the remainder minus the bitter white covering

ginger

i some times add a handfull of spinach to the second one

I also buy fruit at the market ant the end of the day when it is cheap and prep and freeze it also check out LidL and Aldi they are resonalablely price for fruit and veg.

if you need a food processer or blender keep checking Lidl they get them in ever so often at a good price
    both shops are on the net

PS still looking for a resonablely priced dehydrator
    if an RF brit have found one please share

• Heya. It is hard keeping to smoothies and I will admit I have sneaked in some non-smoothie foods. I want to re-start my smoothies tomorrow. I bought a big batch of frozen fruit the other day which makes great smoothies with a handful of greens.

I also don’t get on with banana, the last time I had it was more than 10 years ago and was promptly sick everywhere after eating it! I really should get back into juicing.

Your combinations sound good :) I am also hunting a decently priced dehydrator. Am wondering about making my own like the above suggestion. Possibly enough light bulbs would create a temperature under 118 but warm enough to dehydrate food. I really might look into this! Could be a winner!

I lost the weight by changing to a healthier vegetarian diet (I was one of those carb junkie veggies who ate loads of pasta and only minimal salad/fruit/veg) and increasing exercise. I only started looking into raw a few weeks ago so I am a newbie. I now work at a gym which makes it easier to get into exercise and am doing a little nutrition course to go along with my new love of healthy eating!

If you’d like some tips or just someone to talk to about losing weight/ getting healthier/ fitter feel free to drop me an email or something :D

• yes england, birmingham me.

• w00p! :D

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

I’m in Berkshire UK.

Can’t remember if I’ve replied to this thread before – it’s a ‘one of those day’ days.

I seem to remember seeing an earlier post from someone in Berkshire. Do contact me via my website at

www.rawforlife.co.uk

(we’re trying to make Reading the ‘third raw hub’, after London, and that B-right-on place…)

• I’m new and in Hertfordshire.
    Hi!

• Hi Cedar! :D Welcome! You’re not that far from me, I am in Kent :)

I just read your profile, it’s excellent that you have your own garden for growing things. I would love to give that a try one day.

• jeebs hey i saw you from birminghan, ? can you pliz write me maggie.hussey@googlemail.com, i am from birmingham too.

• I moved to Herts from Kent, Petts Wood, nr Bromley/Orpington, evildarkvirus!

• Wow! That’s kool! :) Not far from me at all. I am near Dartford. What made you decide to move?

• Marriage! :)

• Lol. A good reason :P My fiance currently lives in Dundee where he is studying at Uni lol.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Hi – Im back to trying to keep to a mainly raw diet again and Im in England. Just north of manchester , but my parents live in Berkshire (whoever was asking about berkshire) so I ocassionally get down there too. Ive been to Zoe and CHris’ for a kitchen day which was great and throughly recommended! Its wet and rainy here but Im managing not to need hot food. It great! Hi to all anyway.

• Hey Fee :D Great to meet you!

• I’m in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire!

• hi micaela, i’m in dundee..you ever visit your man here much?

• Hi Alisonwonderful

I’m from Glasgow, there are a few of us raw Scots about. You can find a group of us on Give it to me raw. http://www.giveittomeraw.com/group/rawinscotland

Where abouts in Dundee are you? My whole family are from Dundee but I was born in Glasgow. So good to meet other raw Scottish folk, we are few and far between! x

• hi emma! i joined that group t’other day :D thank you, i’ll look you up. where are you in glesga? i’m originally from broughty ferry but live in town for uni. so how long you been into living foods…what do you’re family say about raw?

• Hi all

I’m also in England…very near you actually evildarkvirus. I live in Belvedere near Dartford at the moment, grew up in Hartley (near Longfield/New Ash Green), went to school in Dartford, had loads of friends who lived in Eynsford…so all round your neck of the woods!

Cedar, I work in Bromley borough at the moment! spend a lot of time at the priory school right near where you used to live lol

Isn’t it a small world…

• Hey alisonwonderful – I haven’t yet visited him up in Scotland, but his course is 4 years so I have plenty of time! Lol. Maybe we should meet up for a raw meal when I am there :) Any good raw-restaurants? lol

Hey Claire! Wow, that really is close! :) Eynsford is literally the next village from me. I live in Farningham :)

• Hey there, just found this great site last night, good to hear there’s lots of people in England doing raw food! Someone mentioned that London is a raw hub – really? I am from London and I didn’t see anyone on this forum from London – are there any groups in London that anyone knows about? Or any raw cafes? Or raw shops?

I learnt about raw food in India where I was living for a couple of years. I had gotten suddenly very ill but none of the conventional doctors could work out what was wrong with me, I couldn’t eat anything properly for months, it was painful, and in the end someone told me about a health farm in the countryside, so we packed ourselves up and went there, it was wonderful and very simple, 30 acres of fruit trees, a few huts and a lovely woman who ran it, she and her late husband were Ghandians. They had a little library of books which helped explain the theory behind it all, and all she fed everyone who came there was bananas and coconut, whether you had asthma, cancer, arthritis, whatever, it was amazing because everyone got healthy! I got ‘back to normal’ in just 3 days. We only stayed for 3 weeks, because I was a restless soul, but could have stayed forever! I always go back to raw food when I know my body is getting ill, but it’s really hard to keep up once you are ‘well’ again, even though when I have my body feels incredible. I have successfully stayed on 100% raw food for 2 months when I was staying in Sri Lanka, in the jungles, because I was so afraid I’d come down with the illnesses everyone else seemed to suffer from around me, I didn’t fall ill at all!

Anyway, now I’m really surprised to see that there’s a lot more to raw food fun than bananas and coconuts, so I’m hoping to work out a way of living raw by creating interesting dishes, though I hate being in the kitchen!

• Hey Red Earth :) I’m from Kent only an hour from London. I wasn’t aware that London was a Raw Hub either!! I guess the fabulous markets in London help with their produce? Lol. Who knows!

• Hey Evildarkvirus, yes, I think maybe people credit London with too much! Though after visiting this site I did a google search and came up with a Sunday evening cafe not too far from me which has a raw food menu 2-3 times a month – will check it out this Sunday! Anything exciting in Kent? Where do you get your products from? I find it difficult to work out which products to trust are actually raw all the way through the process – just found out on another internet search that cashews aren’t raw!!

• Hi, all! I’m a transplanted American living in Fife, and I’m having a difficult time transitioning (the usual: from veggie to vegan to raw) because the culture here is very much a steak-pie-and-chips or tea-and biscuits thing! No one else in my family is even vegetarian, and I’m finding I have to justify all my food choices, particularly when going out to dine… But I know this is the best thing for me, and I’ll persevere! What do you say to your pals when they want to go to the “local” or hotel for a high tea?

• Girlfridae1Girlfridae1 Raw Newbie

Hi Everyone-

Can anyone tell me if there are any places to buy raw food products in the UK near either Dover or Folkstone? My husband and I usually catch the ferry over or the train from Belgium, and as I’ve transitioned to eating raw, I am in need of some stuff that I just can’t find here (maca powder, goji berries, etc.).

Many thanks:)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Don’t forget that we sell raw food via our website http:www.purelyraw.com and we run classes and a monthly potluck here in the North West.

• Girlfridae1Girlfridae1 Raw Newbie

Hey Zoe-

I’ve been to your site but can’t see where I should go to order food supplies? Can you help? Do you ship outside of the UK?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Girlfridae Here’s the link to our home delivery page: http://purelyraw.com/homedelivery.htm

Just phone us:0844 7703344 or email us : glowing@purelyraw.com to order.

We can only ship the bread overseas because everything else would probably go off by the time it got abroad. We will be adding more dehydrated items, like Indian Dumplings to our menu which could be shipped overseas also, so keep checking in with us!