Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cool video on "How to Make a Green Smoothie"

I was just scanning through youtube and came across this great video on how to make a green smoothie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eXr8-jru1KE

I love green smoothies!

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

For people who can afford blenders that cost several hundred dollars! The average household blender can’t do this and I wish she had given more information, like amount of liquids added, amounts of greens, etc. But thank you for the video:-)

• But a fifty dollar magic bullet can! This thing is awesome!

• Hi Rawmary … thanks for the vid. I personally like my green smoothies to stay green … green & beautiful!!! I don’t know why so many people are turned off by drinks that are green.

• sigh, unfortunately my cheap blender cannot do anything remotely close to this!

• jerseyshoregirl
    thanks for the tip. unfortunately again, i only have a centrifugal juicer now and it cannot efficiently juice leafy greens either. i certainly hope to invest in a decent blender someday soon…..

here in Singapore where I stay, the Vita-Mix is retailing at a whopping US$900! absolutely insane.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I’m with you Kimbaly I like my green smoothies GREEN! :-) It was a nice little vid though!

• I agree with you coconutty. I love my smoothies green as they can possibly be. It gives me the nutrients I need throughout the day…

My new love – green smoothies :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i always do the fruit first. fruit diced up with water. makes a thin puree, then add the greens in increments. i did this on a cheap osteriser (sp?) and it worked find (but you have to hold it down, or it unscrews).

also, i’m with sgmom2: the MAGIC BULLET rocks!

• i do what pianissima does. i have an old oster blender and blend the soft stuff (fruits) first with some water. Then I tear up some kale leaves and throw that in and blend until done. works great. costs practically nothing.

• I bought a refurbished Vitamix for half the price directly from Vitamix. I got it for about half off. It is totally worth every single penny. I use it at least twice daily.

Sounds like the Magic Bullet works quite nicely for much less $$$$ though!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Ok so i watched the video and was curious so i watched all her videos, i tried the hot pink smoothie for breaky this morning with some modifications, but i gotta say this is one sweet, heavy smoothie, i feel like crap and i didnt even use the macadamia nuts..ugh ill stick to my mostly green smoothies thanks…it was a very pretty shade of pink though..

sedona, i bought my vitamix refurbished too, dontcha just love a deal?

i hear that magic bullet is tha bomb! im gonna get one for travel!

• Yea, I bought my vitamix from the corporate company with the speed dial (which is essential) for dirt cheapo. Gotta love the deals :)

Magic bullet is ok to create quick smoothies that don’t require much grinding. The vitamix is still king (or queen).

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I must be the only one that doesn’t like the magic bullet that much. If anything is thick it just throws it to the side and you have to open and close it over and over to get something mixed up (actually, most of the time I end up pouring it into the food process or using my hand held Braun to get things blended). BUT I do like it for doing salad dressings or very liquidy things, but for smoothies, it just isn’t as smooth as the vitamix. My magic bullet said to not run it over 1 minute…I cannot get a smoothie smooth in that short of time in the magic bullet. :( Maybe I have a dud…

• Uuh, I have only the Braun and I love it! I usually make green soups and pates with it but Iwould like to try it for smoothies. I don’t know what the Vitamix would like, and I could’t afford it anyway :(