Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothis

RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

What are some of your favorite green smoothies???

Comments

• SueSue Raw Newbie

I haven’t posted any recipes yet because I’m afraid I won’t give the right amounts if I don’t write it down when I’m making it, but by far my best green smoothie (which I’m addicted to by the way) is very simple. I throw in 3 cups of purified water in my vitamix (which I can’t live without.) Then I add some romaine (about 3 full leaves) and a large handful of baby spinach (sometimes I use dinasaur kale, but I take it off the stem.) Then I add a banana or 2, pinapple (about a cup) and a frozen fruit, usually strawberries. That way the mixture doesn’t get warm. This makes enough for a huge glass for me, with leftovers for later in the day which I store in a sealed container, and enough for my 22 year old non-raw son, who actually begs me for the stuff.

• Im a big fan of a green smoothie made with spianch (or kale), blueberries, banana and an apple for sweetness. YUM!

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

Mine has spinach and kale and whatever fruit I have on hand. I also put ground flax seed in, it’s delicious!

• I love many Green smoothies and as I have mentioned before have had to stop becxause they have made me cold this winter. but I will tell you today I made a lovely one ,rather 2 smoothies .of kale,chard,cilantro,pear and banana.Biggest diff. now no frozen fruits in the colder weather,what a difference and ,yummy,even my non raw boyfriend enjoyed,it could have been that i added cinnamon with the pear.?

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Thanks so much for posting people!!! keep it up!!

• Oh and I want to mention lately Ive been making my smoothies a little thicker, then pouring them over grapes in a bowl and eating with a spoon!

• smoothielove that sounds really good,just hope the grapes are organic,they have such a thin skin.

That’s a really good idea smoothielover!!!

• Well they say they are organic but I guess you never know! I wash them but I guess with such thin skins it doesnt help much. Many I should watch my grape intake ive been eating a lot lately!

• I just know from all the info. any thin skin fruit or veg. should be organic,more prone to absorbing pestisides. Although I will say your combination sounds very yummy.

• apples,ginger,lemon,greens,vitamineral green,frozen blackberrys,mint
    coconut water,oranges,tangerines,mint…..........chefraw.com

These all sound so good!!

• I love mine! 1 cup water, two very ripe organic bananas, 1 cup frozen organic strawberries, 6 big leaves of organic romanine, and either 1 big handful of organic spinach or two or three large kale leaves.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I just made a green smoothie….tblspn flax seed, 4 romaine leaves, 2 bananas and half a grapefruit. EW. don’t ever add grapefruit! I love it to death, but it will never cross paths with my green smoothie ever again!

• I use any fruit I have usually banana, apple/pear, mango/pineapple, spinach/kale, wheatgrass powder & spirulina & a couple of dates coz hubby likes them!!

Cant wait till summer here when we get all the berries mmmmm

• I’ve just started with these—they are great! Was having fruit smoothies in the a.m. but I like greens better—less sugar and calories and the nutrients in the greens are so very good. Also, it just feels better in my body than straight fruit smoothies day after day.

My “formula” is pretty simple—from V. Boutenkos’s book 12 Steps to Raw: Greens and some fruit to blend it with. So, I’ve tried:
    Kale and pineapple
    kale and oranges
    Kale, romaine,carrot, ginger, apple
    also putting in some spirulina and maca powder. It’s deep winter here so I put in some ginger root for warming (might also try a few dashes of cayenne now that I think about it…) Blend up in the VitaMix. It’s foamy, but after it sits for a bit the foam stirs in easily. I try for about a quart a day if I don’t have to share…:)

How long can ground flax seeds last??