Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

do you have raw food staples

Do you have certain meals or foods you eat over and over?

I have a few:
tomato basil soup
carrot curry soup
rawfredo on spirilized zucchini
curried cucumber salad
spinach salads
and of course – smoothies and raw brownies, etc.
oh, and recently I’ve been making spinach cream pasta casserole

I have to force myself to make other things. Oh, I do make lots of other things, but really, I have to make myself. Does anyone else have this trouble?

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

“creamy” tomatoe basil soup
    curried cauliflower
    raw hummus
    alfalfa sprouts(my own home-grown)
    sprouted chickpeas
    zucchini pasta
    mixed spring/baby greens
    grapes, grapefruit, apple, carrots, tomatoes, always

Yeah, I have troubles taking the time to make things, too. But I’m lazy:-)

• curried cauliflower… hum, sounds interesting! Wanna share your recipe? I’m always looking for quick and easy things to make. I’m the only raw person within a 100 miles so I’m always fixing the family a full meal then I fix me something and I’m too tired of being in the kitchen to do anything fancy.

• Green smoothies
    Mini Flax cracker pizzas
    Cookies
    Sandwiches
    Cucumber Avacado soup (my fave)

I’m not much of a salad eater so I make up for it in other ways! :)

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

aleta- could you post some recipes for your staples? they sound amazing!

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

oh, and mine would be very simple in comparison to the above: just salads and smoothies. also ‘vegetable lasagana’...mm

• What is cucumber and Avacado soup? Please share :)

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

cacao super smoothies, avocados, bananas, and collards

• Mine are: green smoothies and fruit smoothies cream of brocolli soup carmel dip with apples fruit (of course) veggies

But I’m always trying new recipes or making my own so I don’t usually eat tons of the same thing. LOVE Trying the new stuff.

• Hemp seeds, berries, spinach, tomatoes and grapefruit!

• Nuts and seeds of all types, Oranges, Fuji Apples, Medjool Dates, Bananas, Super ripe and fresh Spinash, Super ripe and fresh celery, onions, cayenne pepper and kelp, goji berries, pears, frozen blueberries, pineapple, papaya, Grapefruit, Mixed baby greens, sprouts, ginger, peppermint tea and Plenty of water. All my items are organic and fresh from the farmers market! Woooh, How could I forget COCONUTS!!!! All the time every day if I can!

Yeah baby!!!

• Wow! It’s been great hearing from so many people! I do like making new things but sometimes it’s just too easy to make something simple!

Recipes:
    The curry carrot soup I got off of this site! It’s just called carrot soup but I add more than the recommended curry.
    The spinach cream pasta casserole I got from Carmella Soleil’s website: Sunny Raw Kitchen
    The rawfredo sauce is from Renee Loux Underkoffler’s Living Cuisine I guess I can post it if you can’t find it but I also love Bridgette Mars’ Rawsome recipe
    I’ll post my tomato basil soup and curried cucumber salad, oh and my brownie bites in the recipes section tomorrow.

• I want to do more raw soups, I never eat them. Tomato Basil sounds delish.

• spinach, apples, bananas and carrots…eat them every day!!!

• Sprouts, Green veggies,Pure Synery , Msm powder ,maca ,himalayan pink salt Cacao Nibs Goji berries,hemp seeds,flax seeds
    Raw coconut oil,stone crushed extra virgin olive oil,smoothies,sushi with seed pate,advocados with papaya or mango, angel hair zuchini or diakon ,sweet potatoes grated with apple and raisons and dressing…....

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

The raw nacho cheese from this site..
    Kandace’s raw brownies..
    Banana’s
    Coconut Water
    Kombucha
    Spinach

• spider7075 – I soooo wish I could get into sprouts, but as hard as I try, I’m just not a big fan… I keep trying though.

kminty3 – I drink a Kombucha about everyday. I like the High Country Goji Berry the most at the moment. I also like a lot of the G.T.’s fruit flavored for a change, like a special night. Sometimes they are too sweet though. My favorite is the Guava.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

If you don’t like sprouts but want to include them in your diet, just add them to green smoothies. You can hardly taste them depending on how much you put. This is discluding bean sprouts (with the exception of mung beans) because I haven’t tried them in smoothies yet. I’m not much of a salad eater either because I take soooo long to chew.
    Its hard to determine my staple because I like to try new things and experiment when I go grocery shopping. But generally I like to eat green smoothies, apples, and soups for dinner. And zucchini pasta with varying sauces.