Protein...again

I’m new to exploring Raw foods. I’ve been vegan for over a year and found it very easy to get enough protein. Now that I’m experimenting with Raw foods I’m a little worried about protein. I have to watch my nut intake because of the fat (although healthy fat) involved. Any suggestions or resources?

Comments

• Try goji berries, hemp seeds and/or spirulina. I don’t really like the taste of spirulina, but if you mix it into a smoothie, it’ barely noticeable. As for the other two… I love hemp seeds on my salad and I’m always snacking on the berries. Both are pretty low fat.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Hemp powder is great, as well as the seeds. Keep in mind, you probably won’t need as much protein if you’re getting it in the Raw form versus the cooked form. I agree with Kathryn too…green powders (including spirulina) are great.

Cheers!
    Kristen Suzanne

• I wouldn’t worry about protein as human breast milk only contains 6% of its calories from protein. If this is enough for a baby to triple in weight in a year, then it should be more than enough for everyone else! You can get 6% of your calories from protein by eating only fruits and veggies …

• I love making bread/ pizza crusts out of buckwheat and I make a lot of humus with soaked & sprouted beans in place of nuts… both are a really great sources of protien- oh I also make grawnola with buckwheat, it is really really good! Hope that helps!