Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

# of meals a day

How many meals a day does everyone here eat? I keep hearing good things about one meal a day and was wondering if anyone here has done it?

Comments

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

Well I eat fruit most of the day until salad for dinner…so I’m not sure what you constitute a “meal”. I would say salad is a meal, as usually they are massive, but fruit is a banana here, a clementine there and definitely smoothies and green juice!

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

I was doing the 3 meals a day thing, but I’ve come to realize that it’s really just to much for me. I usually eat some fruit and veggies till about 4 and then stop eatting until the morning of the next day. My body just accommodates to that.

• I usually have “life force powerade” from Natalia Rose’s book. It is kale, apple, ginger, lemon, cucumber or celery all juiced. This is breakfast. I usually munch on a carrot before a salad lunch. The salad is lettace, tomato, carrot, combined with either seeds or avacado and dinner is some sort of nut mixed pesto or a salad. I am usually starving my 4:00 and cant wait until dinner…

• I tend to eat fruit most of the day as well. Smoothie for breakfast, various fruits during the day. I like small lunches so usually leftovers from the night before. Plus lots of water.

• I just eat whenever I am hungry. So I try to make sure that I always have snacks in my purse when I go out. My friends are often amused at what I can pull out of my purse! :)

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Me too frustrated. I just eat when my body tells me I’m hungry!!

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

Mee three. When I am hungry I eat. When I need nutrients I take them in, just stick my finger in the glass and up they go.

My trick is to have something prepared from earlier. Keeping food and snacks is handy, I learned that in the 80’s when there was very little available commercially for healthy food eaters.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

It depends on the season and whether or not I’m working. On workdays I tend to eat a smoothie then one of two meals and perhaps a snack. On a weekend it’s more like a late smoothie then some kind of dinner and that’s its.. perhaps some kombucha at some point too. I also noticed that during the summer I drink green juice then eat fruit all day and have some sort of dinner, but in the winter (I’m in very cold northern new york) I’m finding I need a more substantial lunch like raw soup of almond butter on eziekel bread

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I eat when I’m hungry.

Some days I may have 7 meals, other days just 2. It depends on how hungry I feel.

Breaking down the social conditioning that says we must eat 3 meals a day at specific times can be hard. We should eat when we need to.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I usually try to keep it to 5 meals or less, but I do snack on fruit. I actually find that on raw I have to eat something every 2-3 hours otherwise my energy levels drop.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

2 meals a day! Breakfast and late lunch or early dinner. I’m not 100% raw… We aim to eat a large breakfast which some would call lunch or dinner. This morning’s breakfast was a large salad with sprouts and a raw cucumber dressing. Plus a small side dish of cooked food. We try not to snack (as difficult as it is for me) so that our digestive system can rest. :o)

• I probably eat 4 or 5 times a day (I’m still nursing)!

• I do twice—I’m too active to get by on 1 meal regularly—though sometimes a 24 hr fast is nice. But eating too frequently is not longevity promoting. It’s good to give your body time to detox and fully digest instead of graze—grazing for humans is overeating. If I am very active I sometimes must eat 3 times so I don’t have to stuff my stomach to get enough calories (esp since I eat so many greens).

There are some caloric restriction practitioners who eat just once a day, so you’d be in good companies.

• I agree with the eat when you’re hungry method. I am an athlete so on days I do a long run, like today, I pretty much eat all day long. Hahah.