Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cuisinart Blender

Recently my old blender (seriously its really old) has been making a weird/annoying high-pitched noise (which im sure my roommates and neighbors aren’t too happy about either) and in general not blending as well. It was a good blender though and I like that it has a glass pitcher. Anyway im looking to buy a new one and I was thinking about a Cuisinart one as they are more in my price range and have the glass pitchers. So I was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it. And if you could recommend one of them. Thanks! =)

Comments

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

Hey smoothielove, I saw one and thought it looked fine, just the one I saw was like shortish and glass , like mostly blender so I was concerned about the chopping of veggies, but maybe it’s more blender and I also saw the all blender ones with the flat control panel. I still love the osterizers because they last so long. What about a vitamix blender? Those are tough and really fast, but only come in plastic I think. Just some feedback.I mean geekback

• Oh I would love to have the power of a vitamix but I just can’t afford that right now. I was looking for one under $100 and more around $70-80.

• Hi Smoothilove,I have 2 cuisinarts ,one really small for “pates and such and the larger one w/all the attatchments. I have been high raw for 3 years now and most likely hsve been harder on my smaller pate whirler.Both seem to be fine,I am happy now with them and feel no need to get anything new.The only thing I dream about is a green juicer and small dehydrator.Hope that helps you???

• I have a blendtec and it was worth every penny. I tried to get a cheaper blender and it failed .I would wait till you can afford a good one .My old one had a glass jug but actually thinking back it was kinda heavy and the light square plastic design of the blendtec is way better.

• I have an Oster Blender and it works great! In your price range too. Never have any problems blending greens or anything:)

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

i dont know the cuisinart warranty , but i believe your looking at the 600 watt one . well this below link to a sears kenmore blender has a 5 year warranty and is 750 watts . so its great warranty and more power . ide bet the cuisinart warrantys a year max . and ive been checking out blenders a couple years now since going raw whenever at a store and ive seen both these mentioned blenders and in my opinion the kenmores better built . now that dont mean the motors , most important part , better . but with a 5 year warranty i dont care if the blender goes out cuz get a new one , or they repair . so ones assured of a blender for 5 years . and this kenmores on sale for 60 . link =
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_008900… ..

• Thanks everyone! And that one on sale for $60 sounds great michigan thanks so much Ill def look into it!

• I burned out the motors of two cuisinart blenders. Good luck …

• Thanks for the info Karmyngirl. Can I ask how long before the burned out? Im really just trying to get one that will last until May when I go home for summer.

• Smoothielove, each blender lasted about two months. Also I had a Michael Graves Hamilton Beach Blender who’s motor just burned out last week. The manufacturer is sending another blender. I have an Omega Juicer so I’m going to juice more and blend less until I get a Vita-mix quality blender.

• Thanks Karmyngirl. Now I just don’t know what to do! I guess I could try to keep using the one I have but only use it when no one is home, as it is so loud now and takes much longer to blend. Then maybe this summer I can save up for a good blender.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

If your blender is loud, try putting it on a soft pad (foam) of some sort or a folded towel. Also, wrap another towel around the base. This will help to dampen the noise. :)

• Thanks Bluedolfin I will be giving that a try later today! I personally don’t mind the noise I just don’t want to annoy my roommates too much!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

My privilege smoothielove~ If you use your blender a lot, you might not notice anymore how loud it really is. :)

• I absolutely love my Hamilton Beach wave action blender. I burnt out 2 cheap blenders within 3 months and I have had my HB for 2 yrs now with no signs of slowing down. I do see the benefits of having a more powerful blender like the Vitamix or blendtec but for now I’m very happy. Oh! and I use it everyday sometimes twice a day.