Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

migraines

I tend to get stress headaches and migraines alot. Not so much this last year with taking a break from school but I get them more frequently when it’s really sunny, and/or I’ve been really active. Anyway, I hate taking things like advil, as I have a really tempermental digestive system but I resort to it sometimes when I feel like I am going to run headfirst into a wall if the pain doesn’t stop.lol.
Do any of you know any natural remedies to cure/ prevent getting these skull splitting cunts in the first place? I’d also be curious to know how others feel about taking otc or prescription medication.
I’d really appreciate any advice:)

Comments

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

Like you I really don’t care to take them, unless I’ve had a surgery or something. For headaches which I have had, just can’t relate to the migraine thing, I fast a little, even just skip a meal or do juice, but mostly I down a lot of water, like about 2 big bottles, half a gallon or a gallon-my theory is it’s dehydration but then again I don’t get the migraines. I hope some of this helps. How long have you been raw? Are you detoxing or is this something you deal with often?-and for how long have you and how long do they last?
    valerian root is supposed to calm you down, and once someone gave me some for a really bad headache, I chewed it and it workd.

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

Hey I bet that ginger limelemon mango juice just posted would helpl!! Really

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

I’ve had migraines for over 20 years and I feel your pain! I kept a food diary and found out I can’t have Mono Sodium Glutamate. By not eating out and finding alternatives for the usual culprits I have kept them in check. Except for those caused by stress! I take a Feverfew capsule everyday to help prevent them. It’s a natural pill. I also take one when I get a migraine. It doesn’t take it away but it does keep it from being as severe. I have heard, but haven’t tried, oil pulling when you get one. I do oil pull on a daily basis but haven’t had a migraine since I started. Hey! Maybe it also prevents!! Good luck to you.

• I use to get the same issues alot, until I detox for a week then they all went away. It feels really great to wake up w/o a headache. After detox I went to strict raw food.

• modhina, I’ve been raw for maybe 5 or 6 months. And I know I would get them ALOT in the first month. But I got them alot before that too. I remember having one for like four days when I was in the ninth grade.lol. Only not ‘cause I wasn’t laughing at the time. I’d love to try that juice, ‘cept for I’m allergic to citrus. (sucks, oh well heh) I’ll look for valerian root on my next shopping excursion.heh
    Stefunk, I’ll have to look for that pill. Feverfew? I wonder if they’d have it at an organic grocery store, or is it something you get specifically from a naturopathic doctor?
    I think my migraines have improved since I have been raw. Also since eliminating a great big list of food allergies I had from my diet a few years ago.
    NtheRaw do you fast to detox. Cause I have never done a fast before. I feel lately like I need to cause I just have no appetite but I’m worried how I will hold up at work cause I’m on my feet all day and then usually at the gym in the evening. I start feeling weak pretty quick w/out food.
    Thanx y’all. I’m so glad I found this site full of great people!

• I use to get migranes,severe alot.In college I had them fequently during my freshman year at one point,lost all feeling on one side of my body they thought i was having a stroke.They told me I had “cluster headaches” that could turn up at anytime. well they did. I found that tension ,esecially in my neck an dshoulders was part of the problem as well as being dehydrated. When I had them in college,I had to have many ivfluids during that time ,catscans etc.
    I had a few severe ones after that and I got by drinking gatorade(iknow!!!!!) and waiting it out,pain reivers too. I went high raw a few years ago and they are not as frequent,no migranes for over two years. My advice,hydrate your body. I drink young coconut water everyday and of course as much of a raw diet as possible.
    It has also been said that women get more migranes than men and it could be hormone related. I hope I was any help. Goodluck.

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

dreaminraw-I used to buy my Feverfew at Wal-Mart but they stopped carrying it. Now I go to my local health food store, Akins. Good luck!

• You sound like you need to be totally cleaned out. or you are in the process of detoxing. Whenever you do that, you get headaches like there’s no end to it. I take Garden of Life’s Primal Defense, (by the way hollywood people take that) in huge quantities, and eat lots of fruit every day. I find that eating raw grains or unsoaked nuts are undigestible, so I hope this helps at all.

• Fenugreek is supposed to help with migraines.

_italics_Migraines: Fenugreek is often cited as a natural remedy for migraines. However, [White] indicates that it may trigger a migraine and/or contribute to the duration and severity of a migraine.