Master Cleanse question

Hi everyone!

I haven’t done the MC in a few years and just started one yesterday. I did the internal salt water cleanse this morning and after 3 hours I am still experiencing the effects. I would say that I finished the 1 ltr of salt water in about 15 minutes.

Now, I know that you can substitute the morning salt water cleanse for laxative tea but I have been getting very painful cramps in the afternoon when I use the laxative tea in the morning.

My question is – has anyone cut down on the amount consumed during the internal salt water cleanse to shorten the cleaning time in the morning? Has anyone just not been able to drink the entire 1 ltr and still experienced the eliminations? How long did it take to complete the process?

I’m asking because I return to work tomorrow. If I was staying at home for the remainder of the cleanse this wouldn’t be so much of an issue. I really appreciate any advice. Thanks so much!

Comments

• Read this thread: http://www.goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/1837
    She uses less water. I tried the salt water flush today and I couldn’t drink it all…. it was yucky. I drank about 3 cups of it. (I made 4 cups with 2 tsp salt) But I still got a little elimination… although it mostly got peed out… and it took a couple hours before I had to go. (I also had a glass of grapefruit juice a few hours before I did it…. But the elimination wasn’t super dramatic. I could have been at work and it wouldn’t have been difficult. I guess there are a lot of ways to mess it up… I will follow your thread because I am dabbling with the MC idea but not sure that I can do it. I also can’t get the tea here. Is it possible to make a laxitive tea from scratch?

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I think you can order smooth move tea. I think it is just senna. It is sometimes called dieter’s tea.

• Northernlights – thanks for the link, it is sometimes difficult to navigate through all the postings that come up when I attempt a search. This helped.

I use ‘Smooth Move’ tea by traditional Medicinals. The laxative effect is due to the senna leaf, and they add some other things into the tea for digestive support and to reduce cramping. I’m sure you can order it online, you can probably make your own laxative tea if you have senna leaf. If you visit a health food store, or a ‘natural’ section in your supermarket just look for a laxative tea – it may have a different name depending on the manufacture.

Good luck on your decision with the MC - I attempted it two weeks ago and only lasted a day and a half (so I don’t count that one:). I have been struggling with becoming 100% raw (detox symptoms) and someone said that starting with the MC really aided the transition. I am really determined to see it through this time. I drink the lemonade whenever I get hungry – I don’t wait (I tried portioning it out last time and I think that’s what made me break). If I drink too many in a day I figure that’s still one more day that I am on the cleanse and one day closer to my goals.

• Deborahann – I was reading another thread (anyone who completed the 10 day master cleanse) where you mentioned taking 5-HTP to increase seratonin levels. I was reading a book that had a side note on this and was considering trying it (it said to take 300milligrams a day to control cravings).

I was wondering if you actually tried this and how you used it, and if you used it while on the MC.

I know your not supposed to take suppliments while on the MC, but there was someone who said they took chromium procolinate (that is def spelled wrong:) while doing the MC to control cravings, so I was debating the 5-HTP.

• update

Just thought I’d let everyone know. I attempted the SWF this morning drinking only half of the 1 quart mixture.

It didn’t work for me at all. After an hour and 15 minutes I just peed it out.