Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green for life

I got ‘Green for Life’ by Victoria Boutenko yesterday and finished it today. It is a great book with lots of inspiring stories and ideas. I am going to try adding green smoothies into my diet! It is a great book and I recommend it to anyone out there looking into the Raw Diet. I will let you all know how it goes!

Comments

• Great book!
    I have green smoothies everyday!! You are going to love them everyday =)

• Hi evildarkvirus… I’m not one to ring my own bell but if you read all the stories then you read mine too it’s the one titled “Wheelchair for Sale” it’s on page 115. When I wrote that I felt like I was in a dream.. you just never know how bad it can feel not to do something so simple like walk until you can’t do it anymore. So when I went raw and started the green smoothies (which by the way are really good if you just experiment a bit to find the flavors that fit you best) and I could really hike 80 yards, half a mile, a mile, 3 miles… and not feel like I was about to die from pain or cause I couldn’t catch my breath I thought that more than anything I got my life back and there really WAS something to live for. I totally hope that you see lots of improvements and better health!! Lots of luck! K-Mom

• I did read your story! It is really inspirational! It is great how much it helped you :) I am really looking forward to really getting into green smoothies. I am planning a big shop on Friday to get some fabulous ingredients! It is great to talk to someone who was part of the book, it was amazing reading those stories and I am looking forward to seeing my own results!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Thats great KurdishMom0607!! I’m still reading it and love it so far!!

• JDJD

KurdishMom0607, excellent for you. Someone had recommended this book to me and I was just about to order it but then decided to get one by David Wolfe. I will totally get the book though seeing how people are so interested in it. I look forward to reading your story.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I did green smoothies for 55 days, along with eating regular meals… My word of advice, make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Green smoothies have a lot of fiber and can constipate.

• i haven’t gone on the green smoothie routine yet because i have yet to get the vitamix. pardon me for my ignorance, but do you think i can do palatable green smoothies with just a regular braun type of blender?

• KurdishMom0607, that’s so neat! I loved that story in the book (just finished it recently! How amazing!)

Honeygal, I imagine it could work ok if you used greens that aren’t so tough, like spinach or romaine…to get kale to a smooth consistency might be a challenge.

• I did green smoothies for months in a regular blender..it was slower and I’d get bigger chunks for spinach stems and kale, but it worked fine.

• I just got this book today, although I’ve been having green smoothies for breakfast everyday for the last 6 weeks. I am also expecting my vitamix today. I’ve been using my Osterizer, which works well, but I needed something ‘more’.

• KurdishMom I just finished your story! that so neat!

• I do everything in a regular blender. The trick is to put in the greens first with some water and blend them until the little pieces disappear and you basically have a green water. Then, I begin adding the other ingredients one, by one. I haven’t been disappointed yet! =)

• KurdishMom, I too just read your story. Awesome. Great inspiration.

• Reading the book has given me the kick in the ass that I needed and I am going to try and be raw from tomorrow onwards!