Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

For all the brilliant chefs on this forum

I need your advice. I am making this Marble Chocolate and Orange Travoletta for my boyfriend’s birthday. Here is the linkaroo: http://www.therawchefblog.com/marbled-chocolate…

But here is my predicament, the filling is the following:

2c cashews
1c orange juice
1T orange zest
2c cacao powder
1 1/2c grated cacao butter
2T vanilla
1c agave nectar

All I could find was a 7 oz. jar of NOW cocoa butter, so I and am wondering if I can possibly substitute the 1 1/2c grated cacao butter with an organic chocolate bar? Would this work?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I would say that you could sub coconut oil instead. I make fancy desserts all the time and usually use whichever I happen to have or a combo of both. That recipe sure does look delicious!

• i agree. the cocoa butter is more like coconut butter or oil. its just somehting to add oil to your dish

• Hey Satchy…I’ve made this lovely chocolate goodness & it is so amazing! I totally agree about the coconut oil (or butter). I think the butter would work best. But you’ll have to keep it refrigerated after making it so it doesn’t melt all over. :)
    Yummy! Enjoy!

• Thanks so much everyone.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great question Satchy… because I wanted to make that dessert and don’t have cacao butter anywhere. I’m going to have to try it with the coconut oil/butter as everyone has suggested. I say, throw in a little extra cacao. I’m going to use carob, though… about 1/4th of what the cacao calls for.

Chocolate bar? Hmmm, that’s not a bad idea. ;-)