Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need a master cleanse partner

Hi guys, I am really wanting to try the master cleanse. I do much better on these sort of things when I have a partner. I am going to the library now to get the book. I want to start it on Saturday. Any takers? Please?

Comments

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I can’t start over the weekend because of some commitments I have, but I could join you on Monday. I appreciate the offer. I hope joining late is okay.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’ve been interested in trying the master cleanse! I like water fasting but find the detox symptoms to be quite intense. I wonder how the MC compares? I’d be down if someone could just tell me what I have to do!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I’m currently doing it. Not too sure how long I’m going for but at least next week I’ll still be on!

Moth, The MC is much, much less intense than a water fast. I’m usually functional and energetic while on the MC. The MC consists of drinking a lemonade made from lemon juice, grade b maple syrup, water and cayenne pepper. You also do a salt water flush every morning and a laxative tea every evening.
    You can find the instructions for doing the MC in this short ebook: http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf

• Okay guys I am psyched! I just got home with the book so I am going to read it tonight and get my ingredients this weekend. RawVoice, we can get a fresh start MONDAY. I am going to do the salt water flush for the next couple of days just to get a headstart. I am so nervous, yet excited. Here’s to healthier bodies guys!! Moth I will post again tomorrow with the details of the book.It’s GREAT we have people that have gotten a headstart too. I’ll check in tomorrow. Goodnight MC buddies!

I’m excited, too, sgmom. It’s so good to have support! I’m looking forward to Monday!

• I’ll be starting mine on the 1st, so I’ll be a few days behind you…

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

sgmom2 .. a couple of us are starting sunday.. I know myself and kathryintheraw are.. so if you start 2morrow we’ll more of less be on the same journey. there’s a thread called “all aboard starting the master cleanse” or something like that that we’ve been posting on

• I am on Day 8 of my MC. You have lots of support here!

• I’m on day 17 of my 2nd MC. My first one was 40 days in July/August 2007. This time I’ll probably go around 25-30 days. It will more than likely be my last extended MC. After this I’ll stick to 10 days 3-4 times/year. I really love the way I feel when I’m doing a Master Cleanse and I discovered this site during my 1st one. Just to let you know the miracle of MC and raw foods…I started my 1st MC weighing in at 220 and I’m currently at 150 and I feel so good it’s almost scary. I’m not 100% raw, but I eat very little cooked food and I’ve learned to listen to my body and it definitely tells me when I eat something I shouldn’t.

I was planning on staying away from GoneRaw during my current cleanse because I figured it would be easier to not spend time thinking about food, however…here I am. I couldn’t stay away. I don’t often join in on the forums, but I love reading them. I’ve picked up some great information and I didn’t want to miss out on any of the great recipes. I keep dropping in and adding new ones to my recipe box so I can try them when I’m done cleansing.

Best wishes to all of you now doing or soon to be doing MC.

• You guys are great! Gail, what an inspiring story you have. Thanks for sharing. Well, I went out and got all my ingredients today. I bought agave nectar and maple syrup so I can switch up. I am honestly worried about the sugar because I don’t eat any type of sugar in my current low carb diet. My husband and I both did the SWF this morning and I had 2 eliminations but he had none. After 2 hours of no elimination, he drank 16 more ounces and still no elimination. Go figure. We used spring water. I hope that’s the right water. He may do better with the senna tea. He is doing the cleanse after I am done. Kminty, I couldn’t find that thread. I would love to check in on everyone. I am committing to ten days but I’ll see if I can go 14. It’s gonna be hard because I have to cook for my husband and 3 year old. Talk to u guys tmw. Good nite!!

• sgmom2, RawVoice- I would love to join you guys on Monday. This will be my first time (hence the name newbi!). I am very excited and very nervous, support will be great!

sgmom 2 I wrote the thread name wrong it’s Join me for the Master Cleanse the 25th..
    I start 2morrow.. very nervous.. feel like I’ve been eating so much the last few days like I”m stocking up.. silly I know!

kminty ~ I’m the one who started that thread! It was my last master cleanse which went very well. I’m glad people are still posting to the thread although I’ve sort of lost track of it.

• Newbi- I would be VERY happy to have you join me and RawVoice.

Kminty- Good luck tomorrow. I have been pigging out too! How long are you aiming for?

RawVoice- We are still good for Monday right? I just read through your last thread. I admire you for doing it again. This tells me I will not die indeed!

• Moth- Are you joining us?

Yes, I’m on for Monday!!

I started this morning and am planning to go ten days.. then perhaps try just orange and grapefruit juice for three days to come off the fast. Starting this morning. the Salt water flush didn’t seem to work but maybe I was dehydrated from the food I ate yesterday and just soaked up the water, will probably work better tomorrow. I’m drinking my first cup of the lemonade. I’m having it hot like tea, I really like the taste. I am already finding that I am going to have to be careful what I watch and read to keep away from food related stuff.. I was flipping through a magazine and almost every other page had some thing to do with food! I hope I don’t find out that my life revolves around food, how sad :)

• Good morning everyone! This is day 1 of 14 for me. I just had my first lemonade! I drank it cold, but I think I’ll try my next one hot. I know what you mean about having to watch what you read kminty3! I’ve been reading raw blogs all morning and they’re making me hungry! Oh well- I just keep telling myself that the food will still be there in 2 weeks =P

• Good morning Kminty and Kathryn. It’s good to know the lemonade is tolerable. I am going to do it with agave because I hope to maximize the weightloss benefit. Are you guys making the lemonade by the glass or making a fulls days worth? I am going to juice my lemons today and make a couple of gallons of the lemonade. I think by seeing the gallon will keep me on track to drink the full amount.

So,I have several reasons for doing the cleanse; detox my body, lose some weight, get a handle on my eating habits, start a healthier way of eating after the cleanse, lose my love for coke zero, and focus on my spiritual side during the cleanse. I have signed up for yoga classes as well as a bible study group at church. I know it’s a lot but I am really going to focus on mind and body during these next two weeks. I hope the cleanse makes me feel more in tune with my body so I can get a fresh start and learn what my body needs instead of what I want to feed it.My family is filled with obese and morbidly obese people with numerous health issues as a result of our southern lifestyle. I have to re-program my mind so I won’t go down that path. I need to bean example for my daughter. I have lost over 100 pounds by eating low carb and exercising like crazy, but it is still not a healthy way of eating. I need to find a balance. I have incorporated a lotof raw foods into our diest already as well as drinking green smoothies daily. I have all veggie smoothies, but I add fruit to my daughter’s and husbands’. We already feel better so we can only improve from here. Oh and my husband has decided to do the cleanse along with me. I am so fortunate to have him and you guys for support. Thank-You!! Please share your goals for the MC.

• sgmom2 Be careful how much lemonade you make ahead of time. Once you juice the lemon it starts losing some of its nutritional value. Everything that I have read says to try to juice only what you need at a time. But I usually make 3 servings at a time so when I am hungry it is there. Way to go on your journeys and goals. I also started yoga on my MC and I absoultely love the peace! It is wonderful to have 60 minutes of only being responsible for myself.

kminty3 You made need to adjust your salt/water mixture. It is extremely important to have eliminations. Did you use celtic sea salt? 2 teaspoons to 32 oz?

I would also recommend that you “schedule” something for yourself this evening…like a nice bubble bath. Evenings were/are my weakest time and when I have distractions they are much easier to get through. Good luck on your journey.

• Thanks for checking in on us frustrated. Can you PLEASE hold my hand through this,lol. Ok, so I won’t make the lemonade in advance. Thanks for that.

Kathy, Kminty, how did you guys do today? I hope day 1 was a success. The hardest part is the first step right?
    Kminty, the SWF didn’t work for my husband the first time either. I will add more salt tomorrow, but I have read where the laxative tea was more effective for some. Are you drinking the tea too?
    I think I will be dreaming about food tonight. Can’t wait to get a day 1 update from you guys. Nite.

Hey sgmom2 and frsutrated.. actually.. after I wrote that the SWF didn’t work, it did, really well. Won’t have any issues with that I don’t think. Day one was super hard for me, I felt just so hungry. On the good side though, I didn’t feel any detox symtpoms, no wierd withdrawels or anything, just good old fashioned hungry. I am committed to this though, I think mostly because of this board ! I don’t want people to ask me how I’m doing and have to admit I fell off! thanks for all your support and let’s hope day 2 goes well :)

• Good job kminty3! The first few days can be really tough…just hang in there and drink that lemonade when you are hungry. If that doesn’t work then alternate with water.

• Well day 1- 5 hours in, the SWF worked for me. I am finding this hard already, hopefully this day is hardest. I really ate a lot yesterday though which probably was not such a great idea. How is everybody else feeling? Oh I like the lemonade it’s tasty!

• Kminty- Good you made it!!! The hardest part is the first step right? Hope you are less hungry today. Please hang in the for me.
    RawVoice- Did you start today?
    Newbi, Kathy, how are u guys?

Today is day 1 for me. I has the SWF and yes it worked. I am now having a glass of lemonade with agave. I really don't care for it. I am going to the healthfood store and buy some peppermint tea for mornings. I really need something hot and flavorful to get me going. The book says it's okay.
  • Hey sgmom2! I’ve actually been posting on the other MC thread, but I’ll make sure to let you know how I’m doing, too. Yesterday was good… the hunger pangs weren’t too bad. I really don’t care for the maple flavour though, so I may switch to agave. Day 2 is going well- the SWF works like a charm! Although, I am having some MAJOR water retention! Ugh, it is not comfortable lol I’m glad your SWF worked! Way to get off to a good start!

• OMG Guys, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry!!! I am guzzling water. My daughter was eating an apple for breakfast and I wanted to attack it, lol. I know this will be the harsdest day. I have such an awful taste in my mouth. I wish I could just chew some sugar-free gum.

Newbi-SOOO glad to see you here. You and I started exactly at the same time!!

• Just drink more lemonade! Try some tea if you’re still hungry. Try having a hot bath… Just do sometime to keep your mind off food! I totally know where you’re coming from- I was just in class and the people beside me were sharing a bag of candy… I don’t even like candies, but the sight of food made my stomach growl something fierce!

• Hey- I am still going, lunch was tough with the kids, I’m not even that hungry just seeing the food, well anyway..
    My story is that I have been feeling really crappy for a couple of months & I have noticed in the past after having a bout w/ a stomach virus that when it passed I felt sooo good. I wanted to try some kind of cleanse and found this sight (and you guys) so here I am. I have been trying to eat healthier to set a good example for my kids and have been very interested in the raw food lifestyle, so I am planning on going raw after my cleanse. I love this sight and it is already helpful to be doing this cleanse w/ other people..thanks!