Soaking flax seeds

Are flax seeds supposed to absorb all the water after soaking for 4 hours? Mine are kinda gelatnous. Do I rinse them or use as is? I am using them to make tortilla shells in the dehydrator.

Comments

• I am really hoping someone can help me out with this…Does anyone know if I need to rinse the flax seeds off after soaking?

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i read here once that you can dehydrate them (no rinse) and make a big ol’ cracker, then crack pieces off to use in recipes. i honestly think grinding them in the coffee grinder is easiest and just use them directly, but enzyme inhibitors are real.

the gelatinous texture is advantageous in certain recipes (like crackers and i imagine tortillas).

i’ve never heard of rinsing them off after soaking, but you could try and let us know.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Nope, use them as is! That’s the beauty of flax, it’s turns into a big pile of goop which makes a great binder for breads, cookies, crackers, anything of that nature.

• Thanks pianissima. I would hate to ruin all these seeds! I will use them as is. I will let you know how they came out.