Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Really enjoying Salads!!!

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Variation is the key! Sometimes I use Sesame Seeds other times it is sunflower seeds. Different greens each times. I am always trying to try new things. The other day, I made a delish salad with just Bok Choy, Carrots and a large chopped avocado topped with this salad dressing I made with olive oil and vinegar and some spices that is the most amazing dressing I had in a long time but I made it up and I do not have a recipe yet.

If anyone is getting tired of salads, I love salads! Try variations. Always add new things to it, change it, etc.

Comments

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I never eat salads. I don’t have time to chew. Instead, I get my greens through green smoothies and soups sometimes. Its great that you are really enjoying salads. I haven’t had one in a while. I’ll make one soon!

• Me too! I love salads, ive been eating them more lately so that I dont annoy my roommates with the blender. Im not very good with variation as I tend to put every veggie i have in every salad but perhaps i will work on that!

• I learned early on that even though they are all veggies, to pay attention to the food combining rules. One of my favorite salads is the leaves and stems of bok choy and beet greens, chiffonade or shred the leaves, finely chop the stems, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, and pinenuts. It is very pleasing to the eye and palate.

• Yeah, that’s the point smoothielove:) Pretty much the same for me, I live in an apartman hotela nd I’m not sure if my neighbours like the sound of my blender and grinder….

• Salads get a little boring for me, but I keep trying to add new ingredients to make them more interesting!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I also LOVE salads, but I’m not a fan of greens (which I get through my green smoothies) so often I’ll use sprouts or soaked buckwheat as a salad base, and my basic additions are always cucumber, tomato, and avocado.
    Honestly, people ask if the raw diet is just salad. It most definitely isn’t, but if it was, I’m not sure I would mind!

• Elizabeth…do you put any dressing or anything on those sprouty salads?
    Marcy

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

elizabeth,

I love the idea of soaked buckwheat groats as a salad base. What spices if any do you add to your groats?

• I have been eating salads a lot lately. But lately I’ve been reading forums on how people are getting sick of their salads so I’ve decided to take a break. Out with the salads, in with green smoothies. Another good replacement would be raw vegetable lasagna. Once your sick of salads, that’s a pretty hard feeling to get rid of.