Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Weight loss

I’ve picked up some weight and I really want to get it off. Are there any diet tricks that help any of you lose weight? I’d really appreciate some advice.

Comments

• Meeeee tooo.

I second that one.

• Exercise, exercise, exercise, for me! If you can afford you can go to sauna as well.
    Try to eat a lot of greens and flaxseeds or flaxoil( omega 3 fatty acid) to cut out cravings. Don’t eat as much dried fruits and nuts.

• You know what else – WATER!

I find that when I’m starting to gain or feel sluggish it’s because I’ve become lazy at drinking my target litres of water a day. Its probably the best tonic there is.

• me too actually i was abt to ask for partners to loose weight together ,i agree with all ya, i am doing green smoothies and i will try add some flaxseed oil , to cut the cravings, raven and shady lady, how much do yo wanna loose ?i will drink lots of water too starting now , thanks for the info guys

• Hey everyone, best of luck with your healthy goals! I agree with flybaby that exercise is crucially important, I would specifically recommend adding in some yoga, ideally at least 2x per week. It calms and strengthens the body and mind and it is such a helpful tool when you’re trying to find your bodies healthy weight. As far as diet goes, definitely try for smaller more frequent meals (or smallish meals with snacks) with a bulk of veggies, some low sugar fruits and sprouted grains, and a little oil, avo, or nuts to satiate. Eat dried fruit, nuts, bananas, oil, and other high sugar and fat goods in moderation. Make sure you take time every day to appreciate your body, evaluate your inner progress as well as outer, and enjoy your raw journey!

• Thank you guys, mrths969, I need to lose about 8 pounds to get back to where I was, but I’d like to lose about 15 more pounds in addition to that.(20+).

lovingraw, I think you are right about the more frequent meals, but my only question is how do I make sure I don’t eat too much over all?

Another question I have is, is it okay to eat fruit while trying to lose weight? I don’t mean dried fruit and I don’t mean a lot of bananas, but just fresh fruit in general?
    Thanks guys

• I think it’s ok, if you don’t eat too much of it. (As I tend to do with apples)
    Some fruits are very low in calories such as blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, gooseberries oranges.

• all the best raven ,i agree with what flybaby said abt the fruits,i hope you loose it all soon , with this raw diet its possible,am just not into exercising but i will have to try my best i guess,i wanted to dogreen smoothee feast do you think it will work guys?

• Another thing to take into consideration is different combinations of food. Try not to mix together avocado with nuts/seeds, avocado with oil, and nuts with oil. Although the fat is natural it can still add up. Also, try to eat fruit in the mornings instead of throughout the day as a snack. If you need to snack eat vegetables! For more information about this, check out Life Force Energy by Natalia Rose.

• Raven, I think the best way to figure out what you should be having at each meal is to think of what you should be having in an entire day. You can do this as a caloric total and splitting it up into your meals and snacks. EX 1600 daily calories could be broken down into 3 400 calorie meals and 2 200 calorie snack. Or you can think of it as which foods in what amounts you would like to have in a day. EX in one day I would like to eat: 3 servings low sugar fruits, 1 serving high sugar fruits, 4 servings veg, 2 serving sprouted grain or beans, 1 serving nuts/oil, and 1 serving treat (cacao, extra nuts, dried fruit etc.)

here is a link to an explanation of how to figure out a goal for caloric intake there are many others out there also if this one’s not helpful:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5138_calculate-total-da…

Another good thing to do is really get to know what a serving size is. Typically for veg it’s 1 cup (although I would recommend eating as much veg as your would like), fruit is also 1 cup or a medium piece of fruit (ie apple of 3 inches in diameter and bananas of approx 7inches). Cocao is one ounce, nuts is about 1/4 cups, grains is 1/2 cup, flax and hemp seeds is 1 or 2 tbsp depending on your desired fat intake, oil is 1 tbsp…. so the point is use spoons and measuring cups if you need help with keeping the serving sizes in par with your goal of daily intake.

I second flybaby that fruit is essential to health just stick to the lower sugar except for maybe once a day if weight loss is your goal.

meths969 is it exercising in the structured workout sense that you don’t enjoy? If so, walking for errands or just getting outside for a stroll a couple of times a day is a great way to get in some activity and a little sunshine!

Hope that’s helpful!

• thanks loving raw , i love walking apparently the only exercise i do, thanks again

• Here is some interesting info by Frederick Patenaude :
    http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/pdf/SpecialRep…

• thanks a lot flybaby have read to page 7 , good advise

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I’ve been loosing weight, but I do a green smoothie in the am with about 3 servings of fruit. Use a tablespoon, or teaspoon to measure out nuts and seeds so your not eating too much.
    Also, running get my fat right off. I just started running again, and it is VERY addicting.