Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Make Banana Ice Cream without a juicer?

For the banana ice cream in the ice cream sandwiches by white in for an ocean, is it possible to use a vita-mix instead of a juicer? And has anybody ever stored this ice cream in the freezer? I want to try to make the ice cream sandwiches tonight, so any help would be great. Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Yes you can use your vita-mix!

I make the ice cream the following way: I cut the bananas into small pieces, put into the freezer, wait until they are frozen. Take it out then blend it together with some water with my hand hold blender, put into the fridge or eat immediately.Enjoy!

I have never tried with a juicer, but this method works for sure, I have done it a lot.

• Thanks flybaby! I just wanted to make sure that the ice cream would turn out as creamy as the one pictured :)

• It is super creamy either way, but for me, a little more liquidy in the blender since I have to add a slight amount of liquid to get it to go. Obviously much less than if you used a normal one. When I use my juicer it comes out more like soft serve.

But I have both and often use the blender since it’s so much quicker. Go for it!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I think that you could make it in a food processor without the liquid.

• Maybe if you put ALOT of bananas in the blender and used the tamper you wouldn’t have to use water! :)

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

No need to add water, just let the bananas or other fruit partly defrost. I let my defrost about a half-hour, that way they’re soft enough to get going.
    ;)

• I let the bananas defrost for just 10 minutes, and it came out great! I put ALOT of bananas in, which really helps, and it ground real easily. I might even skip the defrosting next time, and just grind em’! Let you knjow what happens.

• Thank you Carmentina for the thawing tip!! That made all the difference for my raw ice cream enjoyment!! I hadn’t made it since I broke my juicer…. but now it turned out great in my blender. Yum! I love raw ice cream!!!

• Ok, I finally made the banana ice cream, and it came out great! Thank you everyone for all your great tips! :) Now I’m gonna try to make it without defrosting the bananas and see what happens. I might add some sweet almond milk too! The ultimate raw ice cream. :)