Raw marshmallow

I really want to be able to make a raw marshmallow, but I really dont know what to do. Mushing bananas up just isnt like the real thing, if you know what I mean. Any recipes or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Here is a link to a s’mores recipe – might help get you started!
    http://goneraw.com/recipes/2840-S-mores-

• Thanks kandance!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I make nougat-like candy sometimes, out of agave nectar and lucuma powder, that is reminiscent of marshmallows. I just mix even amounts and add more lucuma or agave until the right consistancy is reached. I also add a dash of seasalt. It’s good to stuff dates with and then drizzle cacao sauce over the top! Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don’t!

What are you making?

• Oh, I thought I might make some s’mores, a cake or something, or just eat it plain!
    That I will try. Just a quick question: What is lucuma powder and where do you buy it! Thanks : )

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Lucuma powder is actually a dried fruit that has been ground to a powder. I order it online from www.iherb.com (Navitas brand), but most of the raw gurus carry it too. It is used to make ice cream, you would love it! It doesn’t taste fruity as it tastes more like the cream. It has interesting characteristics when added to liquid. It thickens without having that flour taste and texture. It doesn’t take much and that’s good because it can be expensive.

• Irish moss, agave, salt, flavorings like vanilla and lots of air. Now kids how do you put them together?

• 123-that’s great! I’ll order it.

• So I tried mixing lucuma powder with agave, and I didn’t quite get a marshmallow. More like sweet potato puree although it definatelt tasted amazing! Am I doing something wrong?