Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dessert. We love it. Some live it. But, what would we like that we can improve and may not alread

I think in my heart if I was to become a true chef I would be a pstry chef because I love all things sweet and meant to just make you happy and blissful for just a short period of time. Nothing meant to be eaten all the time but for after dinner or a fun snack. So who has any ideas or suggestions or have a favorite recipe they would like to see tweeked and maybe improved upon? I’m all ears :) (oh and eyes, since I have to read it ;)).

Comments

• hmm how about a raw butter croissant?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

How about a drink that tastes like dessert? I posted about making a nut milk with an after taste of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I had it at a restaurant and have yet to try making it at home… hmmm, maybe I will try it this week. But, if you can figure out the proportions and what to do… I would love it!

Here’s the link w/ ingredients: http://goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/3261

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I have been trying to find a good raw biscotti recipe with a texture similar to the real one. That would be an interesting experiment!

• Ok claire I think I may be have to pull the rabbit out of the house with this one, but I think I can do it. We will make a raw yeast dough. with the aid of come cold temps and reduction of moisture in the dough we may find a nice enough way to put the yeast back into dormency and yet have gained their flavor and texture.

• Ok germin8 you’re up. Use some prepared irish moss. Blend in your milk (I would use almond since it’s more common). Use some prepared almond butter and mace and agave and blend together for your pb filling flavor and then mix in the powder cocoa. You can then blend in your banana. I think the flax and the oats are optional additions but the cocoa almond butter and maca make for the base flavors and the agave is of course for sweetness as well as the banana which would give you a smoother texture. The irish moss is an algae which gives body to things like this smoothie as well a pie filling or a mousse. I will have to check back for more exact measurements, but I hope this bit helps for now anyways.

• Ok elizabethh it’s your turn. Biscotti, let’s got twice unbaked here. For the dough. I would use some dried almond pulp flour. We need some fats and sugars. and maybe some liquids. I would also recommend some finely ground flax meal for its binding talents. Ok so we start by blending some coconut oil with some soaked dates some of the soaking liquid roughly 3 times the amount of flax used and finely ground flax into a smooth paste. I would also add in any flavoring options at this time like vanilla or anise seeds. This covers our fats sugars and what would be the “egg”s emulsifying properties. Take that mixture let if chill then place it in a bowl or a mixer and blend and beat some air into the mixture to whip it up nice and fluffy. Then sift and fold the flour into the mixture so you don’t knock out too much air but make a nice stiff dough. Now dump into your dehydrator mats and form into a small long slightly domed loaf. May need to make 2 loaves depending on size of dehydrator. Now dehydrate that until the outside is firm and dry feeling but the inside hasnt dried out entirely. Now take that out and slice your loaf or loaves into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Set them out on your dehydrator and dry flipping halfway so both sides get crisp and you have a cruncy texture. I would recommend using one of rawclaire’s chocolate glazes for dipping them in and now you have a raw delicacy :).

So you think the oats and flax are optional, I was wondering if I can avoid using some ingredients, especially the oats… which is why I didn’t try making it last night. Mace? As in the spice mace? But, I think I want to try with peanuts first… or maybe buy the fresh ‘pressed’ peanut butter at Whole Foods.

• no no not mace, maca. A friend told me the combination of almond butter and maca tastes similiar to regular toasted pb.

Really? That’s perfect! Now, I need to find maca! :o) This would probably be a good substitute, since I don’t usually have peanuts. Maybe I will try it both ways – one with maca & almond butter and another with peanut butter.

Thanks for the great advice!

• I wish you luck in finding your maca. It’s probably easy to find from an online store, and it has positive effects for people. So anyone else have some requests?

• I would love love love a recipe for coffeecake that is as crumbly and moist as the real thing. Mmm. Coffeecake and almond milk.

• Might be a little tricky but sounds like a fun challenge. We could use a nice raw cake recipe :). Just what kind of coffee cake do you want a recipe imitating? Yeasty doughy with cinnamony nut topping or moist caky with oaty struesel topping?

• Hit me with your best shot ;)
    Moist and cakey, please.

• Pat Benitar ;)

• Popcorn! It’s not considered a sweet, but it’s definitely in the addictive crunchy munchy category.

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

While I would LOVE to have some biscotti, I find these directions way to vague for my experience. How about some ratios if you are not going to provide measurements? Almond pulp flour to flax meal? Coconut oil to dates? Soaking liquid mixed with flax meal only or with oil/date mixture? Have you actually made this or are you just postulating? Given the basics I can usually figure a recipe out, but this is just too vague, gimme a hand here, please?

Sam

• Gingerbread people. I've used a family recipe for years and recently have made them vegan, but raw vegan? Renee Underkoffler has some gingersnaps that are pretty close. I just used her caramel cookie recipe for the crust of Matthew Kenney's Pumpkin Pie (the one that's all carrot). It's a very nice change from all those nuts in crusts, especially with fresh nutmeg.