Don't have anything ti eat in the house? Or don't have enough ingredients?

Has anybody ever gotten into a situation where they run out of raw food and don’t have anything to eat? Or does anybody ever get short of ingredients that they need to make certain things? I get into these situations occasionally, and was wondering if there’s any way to avoid this. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• I usually like to have quite a good stock around, so I can always make myself some raw food
    I always buy a lot of fruit and nuts and seeds, that I can store for a long time. If I have too much of some fresh produce, that I can’t use up, I freeze it!
    I really love foodshopping and I have to buy my stuff for about a week or so, because I live in a little village, and I can’t run always to the nearest town, especially when I’m working.
    If I don’t have enough ingredients then I substitute it! That’s the great thing about raw food that I can substitute anything!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

This happens to me sometimes, and this is usually when the creative gears in my head go to work. I have a rule with myself: I don’t go out and buy new food unless I am entirely out of fresh produce. A good way to deal with this situation is to use spices, which last forever, and pure and simple creativity, to create meals with minimal ingredients. No need to follow recipes!
    Hope that helps a little.

• Thanks guys! Great advice. I ordered a bunch of stuff from rawguru.com that’s supposed to come tomorrow, but I can’t wait that long. lol I just got my raw almonds and cashews in the mail and I’m soaking them for use tomorrow. That’s true flybaby, I can substitute anything I want! Now I just have to figure out a substitution for poemomm’s raw pizza crust (I don’t digest grains well) :) Everybody here is so nice. :)

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

That is when I just don’t make full recipes. I just grab whatever single foods I have and just eat them. If all I have is Kale, then I will chop that stuff up, and put some olive oil, and cider vinegar, salt and pepper on it.
    I think Cabbage is just awesome because it lasts longer than lettuce. Kale is great too, because it doesn’t go bad like ice burg.