Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The best raw food you've ever eaten????

This is the opposite question of my other question about the most gross raw food you’ve ever eaten. Well, I have to say, I have a million different favorites!!
here’s a few:
different flavors of raw ice cream
raw almond butter cup
raw onion bread

Comments

• ooh…

the lavender pomegranate cheesecake from alive here in san francisco. soo creamy and dense and totally amazing. i’m also quite fond of my nori rolls and raw-violi.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

alissa cohen of rawfoodtalks recipe of :

half raisin , half walnuts coarsely ground
    and pressed into a baking dish to be about
    a inch thick .

then take say cup o water – 8 dry dates -
    juice of lemon and high speed blend until
    a frosting texture . frost the walnut / raisin mixture
    with then freeze a few hours and cut up like brownies .
    the lemon / date frosting is great .

ps – my measurements of ingredients arent precise ,
    just from memory .

• good question..,there are so many! For example I love zucchini hummus, tahini, raw chocolate cake, yum!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

raw boston creme pie ….too die for!!!!! had it at a pot luck and could not secure the recipe….grumble but she makes it every time! grin!

• When I was at the Raw Spirit Fest in Sedona in Oct 2007, one night they had a coconut curry type soup. I’ve never tasted anything like it before or since and I can’t find the recipe!!

They also served ice cream one day for lunch that was amazing.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Portland Oregon’s Blossoming Lotus makes THE BEST live pasta and pizza. I just can’t recreate it no matter how hard I try so it’s such a treat!.. also.. I make a smoothie with coconut water, mango, jalepeno, cilantro and banana that always tastes divine

• Was the chocolate smoothie in the raw food restaurant las vegas! I have been in lots of raw restaurants, from NY to LA (I am from Germany) and had lots of raw friends in the us and also did / do lots of raw food – when I was in Vegas for a visit it was so delicious. I will never forget this experience. :-)

• When I met Juliano we had an awesome curry soup and some Nori Rolls…They were amazing!!!

• My first Green smoothie with spinach, mangoes and bananas. It was so good I couldn’t control myself! I drank over 64oz of the stuff in an afternoon. I have never felt so clear-minded and wonderful. Now I have it every day!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

My husband says: watermelon

For me, it was carob macaroons!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

For me it was ripe organic white flesh peaches from 10 summers ago. They were out of this world. There haven’t been any like them since.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I have two: (well really I have many!!)
    My Zuchini roll ups filled with cashew cheese and topped with raw marinara suace, and my raw cacoa cinnamon rolls. MMMMMMM YUMMY!!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Lasagna from Nutshell in Portland!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Pistachio pesto with soaked pistashio nuts, pumpkin seeds, garlic, spinach, olive oil and sea salt on zucchini pasta. It was fantastic!

greenie, are you referring to Saturn peaches? I had those last year and they WERE out of this world.

• I have the same book Raw Food Real World. I really liked their freezer fudge. YUM!!!!! I’ve never tried Saturn peaches, but I think I better get some!
    Luna blu – are your raw cacao cinnamon rolls posted on this website? I would love to try that! Thanks

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

guacomole or alfalfa sprouts

• I eat so many simple raw foods that taste sooo good to me,all depending on my mood. However this has gotten me thinking…I have never made raw icecream (except for frozen bananas) raw cakes or pies,so jealous of all of you have tasted these. Could someone refer me to a simple,easy recipe they think I might like to try. The only thing I have is a blender,food proccesoor,Thanks!!!!!

• I love cilantro juice. Blend cilantro with 16oz water and then strain through a nut milk bag. You’ll run around for the rest of the day higher than a Georgia pine tree.

• Durian, blessed durian. Oh how I love thee durian. Durian, will you marry me? :-)

You get the picture. :-)

Blessings,

Audrey