Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Where to buy Durian?

Anybody kknow where to buy this? (other than genefitnutrition.com, it’s really expensive there) Thanks

Comments

• durian season is coming! hold out!

or, you can buy frozen durian at an asian market.

• Cool!

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

do they really smell that bad???

• you mean durian? I don’t know. I’ve never tried it but I want to. At a local Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Dat Than, they serve raw frozen durian for dessert, I think I’ll get a few of those to go some time.

• Asian Markets have the fresh Durian when in season and as mandelicios said, frozen year round. I don’t think they smell bad but they are smelly…don’t ever bring Durian to work…I did that and the fire department was called because they thought it was a gas leak…needless to say I never revealed that it was my Durian pulp. oops!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

They reek! And they taste the way they reek!

forrestlyone, That is a very funny story!!!

I wish I liked the stuff. I hear it has pshychotropic properties like cacoa beans!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I find the smell of durian a bit overwhelming, but recently tried a chocolaty durian pudding made by a raw chef. Wow! It was really quite amazing.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Hmmm….chocolate to durian..??? Since I love both why have I never thought to put the two together. Dang I need to leave my box more often. I’m going to get some Durian this weekend. Thanks again Kandace!