Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

what to do with over ripe avocado

sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Well, the title says it all.
I have two avocados that are over ripe, and I don’t want to waste them. I don’t want to just eat them as is though. Ick.

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

use them on your face or hair as a mask!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Can I have them, then?:P

Really, though, I would just mash them up in a bowl with a fork and either squeeze sweet lime on them and eat them up. Or you could mash them and add chopped tomatoes and fold them into a lettuce leaf sprinkled with nuts or or herbs and topped with alfalfa sprouts.(I didn’t know what you meant by over-ripe, if it was too soft or brown, sorry)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

kminty if an avocado is turning brown inside, is it still okay to use it as a facial mask? That happened to one of mine last week.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

If stringy roots are growing inside, I say save the seed, start a plant and toss the rest in the compost!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

overripe avos make great ice cream. pretend you are making guacamole—add lemon/lime, a pinch of salt, and THEN the sweetener of your choice. optional spices: cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom. freeze. take out about 20 min. before you want to eat it. oh my gosh it’s heavenly!

• Salad dressing with lemon, cumin, garlic. Delicious!

• I make a zuccini soup that I have been meaning to post that is REALLY delicious when you use an over ripe avacado. I don’t remember the porportions exactly but it’s zuccini, avacado, celery, olive oil (2 TBS), lemon juice (2 TBS) and dried dill (1 TSP) in a blender. It comes out creamy and fresh. One of these days I will take a picture and post it.

• I had two avocados that were really brown, so I ground up some almonds and oatmeal and mixed together with the avocado. I used it as a body scrub in the shower. It made my skin very soft, but it was an awful mess to clean up afterwards!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh ha ha. aimeerachelle- i was reading your avo recipe and was thinking to myself “where is she going with this this doesn’t sound very apetizing…” then i realized it was a soap substitute! =)

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I use all our over ripe avo’s on my face and or hair and they work splendidly and I’ve never had a problem