If you do not eat salads, WAHT do you eat???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

My dad is going to start eating mainly raw foods like I am. He eats salads at lunch usually but never cared but for salads and night, though could if he had to. For those who do not eat salads, what do you eat?? Nuts get expensive and I know he is not going to live off of a cup of pecans or pine nuts every day. I will make him some green smoothies (and some for myself) but I know that will last him not very long until he gets hungry again.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

technically everything is well, salad. what we call raw lasagna, raw zusghetti, raw tacos, etc… is what most of the world calls “salad.” (my brother pointed this out to me… he found it kind of comical…)

seeds are not as expensive as nuts (sunflower in particular) and have the added advantage of being more easily digested. AND, if bought at whole foods, sunflower seeds are RAW (they sprout).

other options besides the “salads” listed above could be raw nori rolls, lettuce roll ups (make a guacamole, seed pate or other concoction, add some sliced veggies and call it a wrap!).

oh the dehydrated front we have flax crackers, veggie patties (easy to experiment with, esp. if you have juice pulp left over), veggie “chips”

and a whole gamut of raw desserts.

bon appetit ;)

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

i actually hardly ever eat salads in the winter because they make me too cold. instead, i get most of my greens via green smoothies.

i try to make sure i have some kind of fresh veggie incorporated into every meal. even if i’m not having a 100% raw meal, i try to make it as healthy as possible by piling on the veggies.

this website is full of recipes that aren’t salad. try raw soups and sauces for some variety. make some raw bread and some spreads and patties for sandwiches.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Vegetable soups, smoothies, fruit pies.

• I drink my salads ala green smoothies, and mostly eat meals based around avocados for dinner, you could try some sunflower seed based pates, they taste good and are economical, there’s a fantastic tuna salad one, along with one for refried beans, and nut cheese