Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

sunken in eyes/dark circles

honeywaterhoneywater Raw Newbie

i always hear about raw food doing wonders for the skin, but what about sunken in eyes and dark circles under the eyes? i’ve always tried to drink a decent amount of water and sleep properly, but they’re extremely dark and just really sunken in. i was wondering if the raw food lifestyle helped anyone with this problem? are their any foods in particular that help? i remember hearing something about beet juice.

any help would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Hi! I’m just finishing David Wolfe’s “Eating For Beauty.” He recommends foods high in organic sodium: celery, chard, kale, spinach, olives, unwashed sea vegetables and Celtic sea salt…as well as cucumbers and pumpkin seeds. He suggests eliminating coffee and other stimulants like refined sugars. I know he mentioned something that could be used topically, but I cant find it at the moment.

• honeywaterhoneywater Raw Newbie

thanks so much for the info! i actually have that book somewhere, i just never read it. i’ll have to dig it out to read!

• Cucumbers and Zucchini did it for me. Every morning for breakfast I’ll have a green smoothie in the morning for breakfast and one for lunch. I’ll alternate every day putting in 1/2 a zucchini both for breakfast and lunch and the next day using cucumber. Circles under the eyes are a thing of the past for me (and when I initially went raw it was terrible until I started doing this). Best of luck to you. :)

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I just read that this is a symptom of adrenal fatigue and the veggies rediscoverrawfood is what was indicated. Juicing them would also be great

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I have the same problem. I’ve been raw for a few months and have found that it has been helping a bit, but they are still there. I just started “Oil Pulling” today, it is supposed to help with it, amoung many other things.

Here’s a link from the site: http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/3561

• honeywaterhoneywater Raw Newbie

awesome! thanks again everyone! :D

• yes adrenal fatigue and food allergies, often gluten grains, dairy, corn etc.If adrenal fatigue, you should be aware that high glycemic foods and processed sugars are as my doc says “death to the adrenals”. So be careful of sweets even if raw, until you have restored your adrenals.

• yes adrenal fatigue and food allergies, often gluten grains, dairy, corn etc.If adrenal fatigue, you should be aware that high glycemic foods and processed sugars are as my doc says “death to the adrenals”. So be careful of sweets even if raw, until you have restored your adrenals.

And BTW, honeywater, you certainly hide them well! Your skin looks flawless to me.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Honeywater, your eyes are gorgeous, where are those dark circles? I should look so bad:-)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

i had the same, all my life, even as a vegan for 12 years. After a few weeks raw all gone!