Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ordering raw food

Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Hey, I was just wondering, if it is really worth the extra money/time to buy food over the internet? What does eveyone think about this? Is there anything out there really worth buying, or will the stuff at the grocery store be sufficient? Thanks?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

The only thing I ever ordered was Shazzies chocolate bars, it tasted like plastic and made me feel ill. That’s the only experience I have had with pre made stuff. Personally I am thinking that a load of people in a shop working hard making a ton of orders, can compare with you making food at home, putting love, care and passion into your own recipes.

• I don’t buy pre-made stuff online, but lots of things are worth it because you just can’t find everything in a grocerie store! Like many threads have been discussing, lots of things labeled raw, aren’t really, and other things you can’t even find labeled raw. That sort of thing is what I purchase online, really raw cashews, maca, etc.

• I order ingredients online, like nuts and specialty items. The only prepackages stuff I eat is the occasional Larabar.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I once received lemon swirl cookies in my stocking. They were amazing, so I worked out my own recipe. Besides that, I basically only order items like gogi berries, olive oil, etc once in a while. Usually, however, I shop at my local co-op (they have a great section of raw food).

• I save money and time by buying bulk seeds and grains from the distributor online. I buy Buckwheat and sunflower in 25 Ib. bags from Sun Organic Farm. Even with shipping it is 25% cheaper than the co-op or Whole foods. They ship in 2 days.