Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

'High' raw

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Not trying to be a negative bugger here, but when people call themselves ‘high’ raw, it makes me feel lkie I am below them cos’ I am only about 85 to 90 or so% raw.

I must say, I really don’t like the term. I think it would be nicer to simply say 100% raw.

Does anyone else feel this way, or am I just too sesitive?

Please don’t think I am a trouble maker! :)

Comments

• Nah I don’t let that stuff bother me.

• I thought 60-95 was high raw. It means not 100%, but a high percentage of the diet is raw—at least to me.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Gasp! cool, I am not scum then! ;)

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

Try not to get too caught up in the percentages, any increase in raw is already excellent!

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

i thought “high raw” was anything below 100%. but i never liked that term because “raw” doesn’t necessarily imply 100% the way “vegetarian” or “vegan” does.

i say don’t worry about it. 85% is an amazing percentage, and you should call yourself “raw” if you want to without any reservations.

• Ahh I’m so glad to hear these responses. I am always teetering between 40 to 60 percent raw. I try not to let myself feel like a failure because of such a low percentage. I tell myself- always STRIVING- that makes you a hundred percent raw.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Luna blu, you’re giving me the giggles!!!:-D

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Thanks! :) Laughter is the best medicine!

We are all doing better than most people, even with 40 to 60%!!!

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

i have absolutely no intention of being 100% raw. 90% is my goal.

i usually just tell people that i’m trying to eat my food as whole as possible. that seems to makes more sense to them than the word “raw.”

• I don’t think I could ever be 100% raw, but feel that any attempt to be healthier should be recognised and celebrated!