Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Kale....

Was wondering,I use kale in my smoothies but do enjoy kale saladhowever i have never made it myself.
I saw the new recipe posted for massaging the kale with salt and oil,could I get the same results with marinating the kale overnight with salt,oil and or both?
Any suggestions would be lovely I have so much kkale right now.I don’t want to have it be too thick and fibery,because I won’t be able to share it with my non raw boyfriend.THANKS!

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Sure, you can marinate and keep in the fridge. Kale is also great dehydrated to make kale crisps.

• Here’s what I do. The credit goes to Karen Knowler though.

Massage kale with about 1 Tbsp of good olive oil (or to taste, start with less you can always add more) some good coarse salt and juice from one lemon. Then add an avocado (peeled and pitted, of course) and mix/massage well. Then I add some cayenne red pepper and whatever else I have. I like to add pumpkin seeds, red bell pepper slices, thinly sliced cabbage, etc. It is soooo good!!!

• I marinate my kale salad overnight all the time. It works really well and is so good when it takes on the flavors of the marinade and is soft. Good luck!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

what sort of marinade do you use? the last time i did it my olive oil just turned solid on the leaves without any “relaxing” going on…

• I used my new dehydrator for the first time, and those pecan burgers came out amazing, but the potato chips werent so good, they might have been over dehydraded? i also made mat lawson blueberry breakfast bars…so i was wondering if the dehydrator food should now be refridgerated? sorry for not talking about kale, i keep sticking kale in my smoothie but i would like to try that massage method!

• First of all I chop the kale up so it relaxes easier. This way the marinade reaches all of it. I cut up a tomato for the salad, but first I gently squeeze the tomato juice over the lettuce. To that I add lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt. It takes 12-24 hours to soak up usually and taste the way I want it to. I had this salad for 2 weeks straight it is so good! I know what you mean about the olive oil solidifying. That is frustrating.

• i use an amazing russell james recipe for kale salad.

Wilted Kale Salad

i get sick of things quickly so I can’t eat it for days in a row, but I find it tastes better the first day anyways.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I’m a big fan of a simple kale/avocado salad!
    http://goneraw.com/recipes/6-Avocado-Kale-Salad