Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw breath fresheners?

I am curious if there are any raw mints/fresheners available for purchase or order from a vendor. I am talking to others after my raw meals and I sometimes find the garlic, onion, and many other odors quite strong. I suppose I could eat some mint leaves afterwards, but is there a natural 100% raw product that can be bought in stores?

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

eat parsley…it works , dont know why!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Parsley probably works because it is a deoderizer.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

parsley? how interesting.

also enzyme, when i make raw dishes i find i shouldn’t go by “cooked” garlic, onion measurements. a little goes a LONG way.

sweet breath~ to you!

• that’s actually why they put parsley as a garnish on plates at restaurants—because you are supposed to chew on it after your meals!

• If you want a terrific all day breath freshener (it works if you do it after a meal too) then mix 1tsp. honey (natural, bee-friendly) and half tsp. cinnamon in hot water and sip… it not only freshens your breath nicely it also helps aid in digestion..

I find that parsley is rather bitter if you chew it for more than a minute and it doesn’t freshen my breath that well, however if you chew on a fresh mint leaf (peppermint or spearmint) as a quick breath freshener it works better and longer than parsley

• Actually, chewing on the leaves or seeds of any member of the apiacae family will have a breath freshening effect. This includes fennel, parsley, celery and carrot (which grows wild in most temperate zones as “Queen Anne’s Lace and produces a white carrot in its second year). Avoid the hemlock if you’re gathering, but the rest are great—I’m rather fond of the fennel leaves and stems.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Best line of defense is making sure the others around you eat garlic.

When that’s not possible, chew on a fresh leaf of mint. Or, anise seeds. You can try cloves, too.

Cheers :)
    Kristen Suzanne

• Peppermint tea is my fav.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I carry around one of those little bottles of peppermint oil with me. Put a little drop on your finger and then rub it along your gum line. Disinfects and freshens your breath like no other!

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Oooh, thanks coconutty. Thanks a great convenient idea!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Chewing on a clove will do it, too. But I like Kristen’s suggestion best – make sure everyone eats garlic. ;-)

• Well here’s a fun idea. We blend a bit of parsley and some mint and maybe for a fruity flair some strawberry into a puree and if you want strain out the pulpy stuff. Then put in the dehydrator in a semi-thin layer let dehydrate till you get a fruit leather consistency maybe a bit dryer. slice into lil strips and you have simple raw minty strips to enjoy on the go. Just find a nice way to wrap them up to take with you.

You know what Chris, you’ve just convinced me to start saving up for a dehydrator!!

• You’re welcome. What I do?

• Parsley is a great breath freshener because of the clorophyll in it, all plants with lot of clorophyll(sp?) are all good for bad breath.

• Cloves have the added advantage of being a natural anti-bacterial agent and analgesic if you have tooth pain.

• It is true sillydog, I use 1-2 drops of clove oil diluted in a cup of water to rinse my mouth. It’s great!

Oooooh, I recently got a tooth pain! So do I just eat the cloves and it should help?

• yes, definitely! But you should visit your dentist at some point too.