Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Reversing gray hair?

Victoria Boutenko spoke of reversing her gray hair in an interview through raw foods. Is that truly possible.

My story:
I have premature gray hair. I started going gray at age 12 and now at age 23, I have as much gray as my 60-year-old mother. It’s almost 50% coverage, though it’s more saturated towards the front.

Are there certain things I can eat to halt or perhaps reverse this process? Or is this just a pipe dream?

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I have heard that too, but I am a bit skeptical on that one. I am not sure, but if the pigment is gone, it’s gone!

It would be nice though.

• Well,not to sound negative….I have been high raw for over 2 years now and either its my time now to have increasing gray hair or I must be lacking something. So I want to believe that pure foods could reverse the gray not so sure,I eat very well and I am now getting lot’s of grayright now. Please,would love to here more thoughts on this.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

To be honest, I’ll believe that one when it happens to me:-)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Seaweed is the best food for your hair.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Should I chew it up before I rub it on my head? lol just kidding

• Victoria Boutenko wrote that 2 months after her husband started drinking green smoothies his hair got darker. Hasn’t happened to me, but I keep trying!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Ann Wigmore said that wheatgrass juice turned her hair back to its original color after it had grayed. I have solid gray, shoulder length hair. I get more compliments now than I did when it was brown. I sometimes wonder if people are just shocked and don’t know what else to say! My mother has very dark hair, L’Oreal number 25. I’ve been eating raw, lots of greens for over four years. It only gets a darker shade of gray. I think toxicity might be to blame.

• Yeah could be all the complex substances in certain foods helping our bodies return to a more natural state. We werent born with grey hair, so maybe our body would natural repair itself back to it’s truest state.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I am confident that stress causes us to age faster and therefore, speed up the process of graying hair!

• The other factor also mentioned by Victoria Boutenko is hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Specifically the lack thereof. In Green for Life she says that in her observation most people diagnosed with very low stomach acid had noticeably more gray hair, which she says is a sign of nutritional deficiency (obviously if you don’t have sufficient gastric acid to properly digest your food then deficiency is likely to result!).

It might be interesting to get your doctor to check you out for hypochlorydia or achlorydia, just to see. If not then you have at least ruled something out!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

My father just called to tell me excitedly that his hair is going from white back to gray. He couldn’t believe it. He’s not raw, but at 65 he’s finally stopped drinking soda and now that he lives in Hawaii has been drinking loads of coconut water – and allover healthier lifestyle over the fast lane in L.A.

• 1 tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses a day is supposed to stop you turning grey!

• Vitamin B 5 can help reverse greying. It is found in brevers yeast, whole wheat, rye, fresh vegetables, legumes, nuts, mushrooms and royal jelly,