Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best Raw Book/Cookbook

erinerin Raw Superstar

Hello, I recently bought RAW, The Uncookbook by Juliano Brotman and like it. But I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a really good book not only including recipes but just about eating raw in general. I have searched around and found lots, but I’m not sure what the best one is. So if anyone has any suggestions, please share. Thanks!

Comments

• Books by David Wolf and Dr Gabriel Cousins .These two authors have in my opinion the most knowledge .Read the reviews on Amazon. Raw by Brotman is not a good book to start off with its way to complicated for a beginner.

• I like the Uncookbook too by Juliano, but for information + raw food recipes I would choose Gabriel Cousens. I have the “Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine” book and I like it, but I know he has a lot of other good ones out so take a peek at all of them.

• Hi Erin,

I have few raw food books, some about food preparation and some with general information. In my opinion we all have different interest so what I might thing is great book might not be for you. When I do research I usually go to youtube.com and watch few videos from authors of books, if I like their language, most likely I like their book it is written in same style, I usually go with intuition from author if he grasp me, because I realized that many authors do just great researching job and in their book is lots of information, but not their heart.

So that will be my suggestion, check youtube, see them in person and then go to amazon or google books and read little from it. what ever feels best, go for it.
    few authors I would see are : Gabriel Cousins, David Wolfe, Victoria Butenko, Tonya Zavasta, Mat Amsden, Nomi Shannon, Sarma Melngailis & Matthew Kenney (best raw food restaurant I have been, really gourmet stuff)

take care

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

If you are just beginning, I personally benefitted most from Alissa Cohen’s book for a lot of very readable, step-by-step information. Otherwise, Dr. Cousen’s books are my “go to” source for the most reliable information. If you are just looking for recipes, though, there are so many good ones out there that are much easier than “RAW” (which is a wonderful book), any of the books mentioned above have great recipes. For that matter, Gone Raw recipes have a wide variety and they are free!

• I like ” Living Cuisine” by Renee Loux Underkoffler and ” Rawsome” by Brigitte Mars. Usually what I can’t find in one I can find in the other and I have found very useful information in both.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I 2nd

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Thanks everyone. All the posts have been really helpful. I will check out all the suggestions y’all have made. THANK YOUU!!!

• erinerin Raw Superstar

I guess I could be a bit more specific. I pretty much have all the recipes I need right here at my fingertips on goneraw and many other websites. I am kind of looking for something a little sciency. About raw foods and what goes on with our bodies when eating it and why it’s good etc. etc. I’ve pretty much got all the basics down. Thanks for all the help. Everyone has really been super nice and all the suggestions have been really useful. I’m researching now. Thanks again!

• I love Ani Phyo’s book. I use it every day!

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Think I will go with Raw Transformation. Looks like its got some really good info on raw food and how are bodies react to raw food and food combinations etc. Thanks yet again.

• The best book I’ve come around is Raw Food Real World by Sarma Melngailis and Matthew Kenney. You can buy it at oneluckyduck.com