Hawaii Vacation...Suggestions?

bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Hi everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while and think this is a great site. I have been about 90% raw for 2 years. My wife, 13 year old daughter and myself will be going to Hawaii this August for 2 weeks. We will be spending one week in Kauai, and one week in Maui. Any suggestions from anyone here who lives or has been to these islands is greatly appreciated.
Suggestions for;
-beaches
-hiking
-bed & breakfasts
-raw restaurants
-good places to buy local organic fruit
-any must do activities
-any must see sites

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’m moving to Kauai come October.
    My twin sis and father live there.
    Definitely all the north shore beaches are must visits, like Hanalei Bay. One of my favorite beaches is Rock Quarry (might be hard to find) cuz a warmish river flows into the beach, so you have warm fresh water and beach water. I also love Polihale, all the way over to the Na Pali coast. There’s a beautiful secluded beach west of Poipu, but I don’t know what it’s called..:( I haven’t done much hiking there, but the hikes just on the edge of Na Pali seem wonderful, either starting at Polihale or the North Shore. Papaya in Kapaa is a great, if expensive HF store. There are stands everywhere where local farmers sell their produce. Must do activity – kayak the Hanalei river or the river of the Fern Grotto (sorry don’t remember the name). I’m gonna see if my sister might reply to this. She’s way more informed.

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Thanks Carmentina!

I look forward to hearing your sister’s suggestions.

Jeff