Master Cleanse???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I am thinking about going on the master cleanse, or a juice fast, to get rid of this bad cough which I was stupid enough to pickup. I was wondering, is only 6 cups of lemonade (2 TBSP lemon juice in each cup) enough juice? I would think that is not enough vitamins. Secondly, can I take other things like carrot juice, green juice, grapefruit juice, apple juice, herbal teas such as echinacea, fennel, etc? Personally, I would think that more juice would be better but maybe it is that the lemons have a cleansing effect and are supposed to be taken plain? Just wondering if the master cleanse or juice fast is better??

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Also, why can’t I use honey or some other sweetener instead of maple syrup???

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I believe the Maple Syrup is giving you some of the nutrients you need to get through the cleanse. For cup amounts, anywhere from 6 to 12 cups works. If you are going to do the cleanse, I’d highly recommend leafing through The Master Cleaser. You can buy it for about $7 on Amazon.com.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I just need to know why I could not drink other juice like organic carrot juice and use up my kale and romaine by juicing them while on the master cleanse???

• http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf”;

This is the online free version of the master cleanse. It sounds like what you want to do is a juice feast instead of the MC which allows for a variety of drinks.

Stanley Burroughs picked specific items to be in the MC and he lists the specific reasons for these items. I don’t know why you can’t use others in conjunction, but it might explain in the book. I do know that you can use Mr. Burroughs MC drink on the juice feast. Check out “http://www.juicefeasting.com/”; for info on the juice feast and recommended drink mixtures. There is a lot of info on the juice feasting site – under the heading into there is a section for making beautiful juices. Hope this helps.