Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Are coffee beans raw?

RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

In the stores, there are bags of coffee beans, are these raw or have they been treated with some form of heat? If so, how do you know if coffee beans are raw or not, and where would you purchase them?

Comments

• Don’t quote me but I am pretty all coffee beens have been processed and therefore are not raw. They usually are roasted…..I think your best bet is to get organic coffee beans b/c then at least they won’t be processed with a bunch of crap that you don’t know about…...again though, I may be wrong

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Coffee beans are roasted. They are not raw. If you need to drink coffee, buy organic, free trade.

• You can buy green(raw) coffee online and use cold press techniques to process it. Technically, that’s raw coffee, but I can’t guarantee you’ll like it.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Yes, those beans are roasted. I believe that raw coffee beans are green.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

What do you want to use them for? Sounds like a dumb question, but maybe not!

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

I was just wondering because I heard about a great recipe for raw chocolate cake that had a little bit of raw ground expresso…or something. And it sounded amazing.

• Some coffee places do their own roasting, maybe they’d sell you some unroasted beans.