Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Greetings from Paradise! Finally moved to Hawaii!

Hello all,

I am so excited! I hate to rub it in but wow, I am so in love with Hawaii! I live on the big island and just love it. I’ve been here a little over a week.

The fruits and produce are incredible!!! I knew that they would be really good, but I am simply amazed at how much more intense and delicious their flavors and colors are. I just keep pinching myself! The other day I had a tomato that brought tears of joy to my eyes!! :-) And I didn’t really like tomatoes all that much, but I do now! It was an heirloom variety, vine ripened and perfect. It was the most amazing super deep blood red color, almost like a beet and its flavor was a delicious blend of sweet and savory and so delicious! I can’t even begin to list all the amazing types of fruits that are available here. So far I’ve feasted on super delicious papaya (I never liked them on the mainland), delicious little bananas, rambutans, durian, chocolate sapote, coconut, egg fruit, and quite a few that I didn’t recognize but that were delicious! One was round and I swear it tasted like brown sugar! And they are so super cheap here. In Seattle I spent about about $100 a week to get good produce and here I figure I can EASILY eat on about $2 per day and that doesn’t include the fruit that grows in everyone’s yards and that can be picked for free along roads! I swear I’m in heaven!

Why the heck didn’t I do this sooner? :-) I know! Being raw is what allowed me to grow to the point to where I am no longer able to put off my dreams and has allowed me to let go of so many of my fears. I borrowed money (lots) on my credit cards and took the leap. I had complete faith that all would be well and that I was absolutely making the right decision. Since I’ve arrived everything has progressed so smoothly!!! In a week so far I have: a great month to month rental that I can afford that is super cute and exactly in the area that I wanted to be in near one my dear long term friends, a job, and just got a great deal on a little used car today.

Dearest lovely raw friends, please don’t be afraid to pursue your dreams! If you believe in yourself, you will accomplish them. By this summer I hope to purchase a home and open a raw bed and breakfast!!! Raw has given me the faith and energy and enthusiasm to accomplish things I could NEVER imagine before. Life is truly so beautiful!!!

I have seen SO many raw foodists go through similar growth and transformation! Raw lets you become the person you were always meant to be. When you are feeling discouraged, struggling with cravings, or dealing with the negative responses of friends and family to raw please remember that it is ALL worth it! I promise!

More updates will follow soon!

Many blessings from the magical big island of Hawaii!

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Comments

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

sweet!!

• Sounds awesome!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Wow Chilove, it does sound like paradise. How wonderful that you have found such happiness. Congratulations and thank you for the inspirational words.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’m moving to Kauai in October. Can’t wait!!

• Thanks guys! I am so happy here! :-)

Blessings!

Audrey
    www.rawhealing.com

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hi Audrey! I am so happy to hear that you are doing so wonderful in your new home. Many blessing to you and your new life of abundance and love! I know you will accomplish all your dreams.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

you’re an inspiration. thanks and please keep us updated! ;-)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

hey, congratulations on your move!

I think the brown sugar thing you had is the chocolate sapote. My bf and I had one in Jamaica once – I am pretty sure that was the sapote. Good isn’t it?

How are the produce prices out there?

I would love to move to Hawaii – the jobs are quite sparse out there though right?

I am glad you are having such good luck. My bf and I just moved to California (which I have been trying to do for almost 10 years!) and so far we are not having any luck finding jobs and we are hanging by a string money wise. Even our trip out here was difficult (storms etc) – seems like one catastrophe after another! Glad you are having luck though! Send some of your good luck my way! :)

• Congrats! Let us know when you accomplish your bed & breakfast goal! What better vacation that a B&B in Hawaii where you can get served raw food?

queenfluff- where in CA did you move to? Good luck!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Renoir -

We are in Mountain View, CA (in Silicon Valley). Not too far from SF!

• We’re planning on moving to Southern California—maybe we should consider Hawaii! I know all will go well for you! Congratulations on pursuing the life you want! You will inspire many!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

audrey! congrats!! seems as if every one is moving…were off to Az as soon as the homes sell…raw does open doors huh? keep us updated, a raw b and b? sounds rawsome!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Awesome.

I think of raw B&Bs all the time… like why aren’t there that many! ...or any!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Omshanti, I know we didn’t connect at Thanksgiving, and I am still sorry about that! But, so happy to hear you will be moving to my neck of the woods! Where are you headed? Prescott, Flagstaff…please say Flagstaff! I am still interested in talking with you about the many ideas that I have.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have thought for a couple of years now that I would love to have a raw bed & breakfast! Cool! Thanks for the inspiration!

• Sounds wonderful Chilove. Hawaii has been calling me lately – mostly in regards to growing much of my own food and feasting on the wonderful tropical fruits. I can’t imagine having my own banana trees, and that’s just the beginning!

Before it’s all said and done, I feel confident that I will have spent a portion of my life there too. If it just so happens that the time comes sooner than later, I’ll be sure to be in touch.

Best to you in your place of perfection,

-Dave:)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

spiritedmama, going to prescott, at least that is the plan…rotten time to sell homes here in socal but great time to buy, well , everywhere! so heres hoping….would love to meet, get together…maybe on one of our up coming trips to home shop? lets keep in touch!

• Hello all!

Thanks so much for all the encouragement and well wishes!

Produce is SUPER cheap here. In Seattle I spent about $100 a week to keep myself in good fruit and produce and here I figure I can eat as much as I want for about $2 a day and that doesn’t include foraging and getting stuff from neighboors who are begging people to come pick up the ripe fruit off of their lawns before it rots! :-)

I hope to have my B&B ready by mid to late summer. Email me at audrey@rawhealing.com if you are interested.

Blessings,

Audrey

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

the brown sugar fruit was a mamey sapote :)

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Wow! Congrats on the move! My partner lived there for 4 or 5 yrs and always talks fondly of the experience. It sounds like such a wonderful place. Many good wishes for you and your new life!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I am so glad you are following your dreams. I hope to visit for B and B some day.