Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How many raw fooders do you know?

OK, I am in South Carolina, and the way we cook our veggies is to put a rock in the pot with them and when the rock gets soft, we know the veggies are done! So, needless to say, I don’t personally know many rawfooders, so I thought why not do a little survey here? Say where you are, and how many raw fooders you know personally, like family or coworkers, friends, stuff like that.

I am in South Carolina, I know 2 raw fooders, 3 including myself. One struggles a lot though and often isn’t raw at all. The other is 100%.

Anyone?

Comments

• hi sabriya

i’m in northeast scotland and i personally know of….no raw foodists. there is a yoga teacher called steve who teaches in my city who lives the raw lifestyle but i’m yet to meet him. i’d love to meet millions :D

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Hello,
    I live in Surrey of Greater Vancouver, Canada and sadly, I don’t know any raw fooders either. I wish I did though! Sigh…

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i also know 2 raw fooders, 3 including myself, and a few people who arent completely raw but are into it. its nice having some support!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

that is the funniest description of over cooking! =)

i know me. i haven’t even met another raw foods person yet actually.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Wow! How do you get to become a raw foodie if you don’t know any others?

I am in Utah, & I know probably about 5 others, 6 including myself.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

One. A few others testing the waters. And quite a few others that I’m “throwing the water” at them. ;-)

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

None that I know personally. I only know some online.

germin8 – HAHAHA :D I’m “throwing the water” at several, too.

• I live in Vancouver Canada and only know the one that introduced me to it….I am not 100%...maybe bouncing from 70 – 80% ....but I know they are out there!

• My mother coverted one of her friends to raw food, so my mother and her friend are the only raw foodies I know. :) pretty cool

• I am in San Francisco. I have one cousin who is 100% raw, a raw co-worker, a few vegetarian and vegan cousins, and a few vegan friends. One of my girlfriends who is doing the MC with me was raw for a little bit, but eats some cooked vegan food now. I have converted a few people to vegetarianism so far, but… baby steps.

Oops! I forgot my cousin – she doesn’t live here & I guess I was just trying to think of people in my area – sorry, Paula! That makes 7 including myself.

• I am not 100 percent raw, but I know one other and she’s going to introduce me to her raw friend and then I’ll know three :) I live in Wisconsin.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Exactly….no one. I’m definately a band of one in my circle of friends but they are accepting. Recently a friend said if I was stranded on a desert island and I could have one “thing” with me it would be a juicer!!!! ;o)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I know personally of 2. I know there are more people interested as I sometimes go to raw food classes, and I am not the only one there! So hopefully more people will get into this fantastic way of life!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I’ve know a lot of people during my life that would be termed raw-fooders, even though they didn’t claim the titles. They were pure vegetarians who at a ton of fresh, raw fruits, veggies, salads and sprouts. When they ate any cooked food, it was usually some sort of lentil dish or maybe a light meal of stir-fried bean sprouts. It’s cute that no one thought their rawness was weird only because it was a long time ago and it was still considered healthy to eat fresh fruits and vegetables! It’s only been the last several years I’ve heard people (and even physcians) bad-mouth fresh produce! Go figure:-D

• The only one I ever met was an older gentleman who I chatted with while volunteering at the hospital. He was a raw veg and a cultural anthropologist and I only got to talk to him for anout five minutes but it was probably the most riveting conversation I’ve had in my life. He was brilliant!
    I’m in alberta. The food groups out here are wheat, cow, bison and “stuff from a box”. Ugh!
    I would love to meet some people though.
    My friends and mom are supportive though. And I’m trying to get my best friend to try to eat more raw veg… the guy lives off nutella, coke and pizza!!!! ( and I am NOT exagerating the situation lol)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

:-D

• five including myself… Samillicious I live in Langley! So, now you know 1!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

i have a few family members(uncle, cousin, etc) who are raw…and my mom wants to go raw with me…so i have some support.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

1 other and she is 100%. huge motivation!

• Sabriya—I’m in Charleston! The southeast is a pretty hilarious place to be vegan, and even more so a raw vegan. Tomorrow’s the farmers’ market, so I’m going to make sure to be on the lookout for other energetic, healthy people, who get way excited about produce:D

• I know of, but don’t really know. One woman in our town was asking for other raw fooders in our local natural food store, and we hooked up. She brought her obnoxious child over, got some recipes, then did not reply to our calls. Then she started selling raw food at our local farm market and had a newsletter. That lasted about a year and a half.

Another couple we met at our local grocery store because we saw what they were buying and nobody but raw foodies puts greens, fruits, and nuts ONLY in their cart. We invited them over for snacks. They brought something, seemed a bit embarrassed by it, and we never heard from them again either.

We go to Redmond WA for the summer, so we met a woman in the local whole foods and saw her often there or at PNC, which is a natural food store in WA. She gave us information about raw locals and we met another couple who do a little raw store out of their basement. They were really nice. So I know some, but half turned out to be flaky.

Our family is raw, so we can support each other to some extent, but I think this website is really fun, and now I know all of you!! I am in central PA, and for a college town, there is not even one vegetarian restaurant, let alone vegan. I am originally from vancouver, so it is great to see raw foodies there too!

• Benny, I am in Columbia, but Charleston is about the only place I love in SC. Are there any veg places there? I only know about Whole Foods.

Guys, this is so awesome! I thought I was the only one who knew just a few, and REDHOUSE, I am so with you about making flaky connections. I have met a couple of people who seem like they are not sure if they want to stick to the raw, so they don’t want anyone looking over their shoulders, like the raw police or something. But it is so not about that! It would just be nice to know a group of people who don’t look at you strange for eating vegetables, let alone raw ones!! But, that is why sites like this are so awesome!

• I don’t go to Whole Foods too often, I shop at a place called Earth Fare in West Ashley. There’s actually a little raw(!) place called the sprout that has smoothies and desserts and a couple other things. There’s a place called the Mustard Seed that’s supposed to have lots of veg dishes, but I’ve never been. I like making my own food way too much anyway. Is there anything in Columbia? I’m excited for the farm stands to start opening up here:D

redhouse—that made me laugh!

• Hello Southerners! St. Augustine FL chiming in here. We have 1 raw restaurant, and another one 40 minutes away. I’m an organizer for a Meetup Group. We have Meetups monthly, so I get to meet somewhere between 35 – 50 raw fooders at each one. We all ‘talk’ online on the site too and support each other.

There are more people out there in the world who are just like us. It’s just hard finding each other. Most of our members find us by accident. I would suggest joining or starting a Meetup in your area. It has really really helped me learn and stay straight on my path!

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Yay Angela33!!! Nice to meet you. We are pretty close!!!

• Anyone near Rochester, NY? I don’t know any other raw-fooders in the area. I hardly know anyone actually as I just moved back here a month ago.

Greg

• Hello guys, I’m currently living in the grey lands of Pittsburgh….I know personally 7 true raw foodies! I also know 3 people that try to be raw, but can’t even pass as vegetarian. I also know about a dozen+ vegans. It helps that there are many vegan and raw events in my area! (the only good thing this city has going for itself!)

• I’m in Birmingham, England. I know 0 Raw foodists. I know no vegans (just myself) and about 4 vegetarians.