Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to let everybody know what happened to me from at site called(DO NOT CLICK ON THIS SITE) eatsprouts.com

They are a company that sells directions on how to make your own sprouter. They also have free recipes you can download. DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should have know better but I got a Trojan horse and they were able to charge about $500 on my credit card! I thought they were a legitimate site and didn’t think anything of it when I signed up for the recipes. I did this about a month ago before I knew anything was wrong with my computer and then there were the charges to my card. After we spy sweeped we found out where it came from. I am calling the company today to let them know what happened I didn’t want to give the person who did a heads up so I waited till after my card company did what they had to do. I’ll post what happens but I didn’t want this to happen to anyone else.

Comments

• To learn about sprouting, go to
    www.sproutman.com
    or to
    www.sproutpeople.com
    Also, an easy way to sprout is with mason or canning jars and a screened lid, which you can easily make yourself. What you do is take the canning jar lid, remove the insert, take a sheet of Craft-It #7 mesh (bought at wal-mart for $2 for 6 sheet in the craft section of the store). Take the lid insert, trace it onto the mesh sheet & cut. Reassemble the lid with the mesh minus the insert, & you have a homemade sprouting jar!!!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

PLEASE, Naturegal, can you take the link away and just type the name of the offending site with the warning FIRST? The way you have posted this, innocent people might click immediately when they haven’t thoroughly understood your post! Trust me, it’s going to happen. I’m sorry that you got hurt:(

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Thanks for the post. You have to be soooooo careful.

• simply remove the http://www.
    so that it simply reads eatsprouts.com. This will disable the link so that no one accidentally clicks on it!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

oooh thanks!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

thanks for the info.I am so sorry that something like that happened to you ! :(

• Thanks for the advice I didn’t even think about that. The last thing I want is that to happen to someone else!

Did you get a chance to call your credit card company?:(

• I got a hold of my credit card company earlier this week. They took care of that part of the problem. It was a visa so they refund your money. I have been trying to get a hold of eatsprouts but every time I call its busy.

• OK got a hold of the “company”, it was a guy and his wife and I told him what happened and he called me a lier. He didn’t understand that there are ways to sweep and clear your computer. He said there was no way for me to know or prove it. So as I said before STAY AWAY!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

That is horrible. Can’t believe they were nasty to you. They obvious don’t know anything about computers. Thanks I will stay away from them. There are plent of other great sites about sprouting!

YEs, they were rude to her! Any good site owner should immediately check their site and contact their host and server and thank the caller! Speaking of which, Naturegal, I forgot to thank you! Hugs!

• Wow, I wonder how the “company” set the whole website up and the virus thing and the fraud. weird. Makes you wonder…..............