Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Master Cleanse Will Power

I am going to start a MC on Monday – how do you find the will power to not give in and eat something? There is so much bad food in the house how am I going to manage? :/ Being at work actually will make it easier, but I fear I am going to give in when I really want to do it for at least a week if not much longer! Can I prepare myself now for Monday?

Comments

• Honestly, after the first couple of days, the urge to eat goes away. I still had cravings throughout, but, for some reason, I didn’t feel the need to eat them. The MC handbook also says pretty explicitly that breaking the fast by eating solids will cause you SEVERE stomach pain (it actually says eating too soon can cause death, but I think that’s an exaggeration). So not wanting to be in pain kept ME from eating. =P Just make sure you’re getting enough lemonade; it’s what will fill you up! Good luck on your cleanse =)

• Thanks so much :) I will be too scared to eat during it now I think! Lol.

• When my family were eating I went and had a bath! Take the next 10 days (or howeva long you are on the MC for) to pamper youself. It does get easier after first couple of days..
    Good Luck, you have plenty of support on here and there is the MC forums MC FORUM

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Yes I agree, once you get past day 3 or so it’s pretty smooth sailing. I agree with Terra too, if you are having problems resisting food, go take a bath!!! I would take really hot baths in the evenings and try to sweat like crazy, it really helped to feel better. Just make sure to drink lots of water afterwards so you don’t get dehydrated and then go relax in bed!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Try to avoid food preparation. I just made some brown rice for my husband (who’s under the weather) and instinctively I tasted the rice to check for doneness – I immediately spit it out! Stay away from food in all situations: home, social, anything. If you want to meet friends for a drink, just have some mint tea. The cravings really aren’t so bad if you avoid being on top of food, just keep the lemonade on hand (I take it everywhere with me!!).

• That’s great, great tips! Find something else to do when I want food, this is good lol. I’m not really a bath person but I will give it a try, maybe lots of bathy treats would be good! :D

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I just finished the 10 day MC..
    For willpower I 1) avoided all food situations including the grocery store till day 7
    2) avoided the kitchen
    3) avoided my husband, love him but he was eating and it was too hard
    4) used the bath and sauna at night to relax