Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

greatest cooked food weakness?

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

What is you greatest cooked food weakness? What, if it was sitting in front of you, would you find it really hard to not eat?

For me, it’s an black and green olive artisan bread from one of our local markets, and popcorn. There is no raw alternative for popcorn!! :(

Comments

• Inari sushi. It’s basically rice stuffed in fried tofu, but for some reason I adore it.

Oh, and I love balsamic vinegar for salads. Apple cider vinegar makes me gag. I need to work on developing a raw salad dressing that reminds me of balsamic vinegar.

• brown rice with wakame salad and nori all rolled together, believe it or not.

oh and homemade refried beans instead of the wakame salad is good too.

• anything potatoes – potato chips, french fries, buttery potato soup, a baked potato with lots of butter and salt. But oh, my ultimate favorite is a huge oily Indian meal of potatoes, spices, and Aloo pakhora (potatoes that are deep fried in lentils and spices and oil) and don’t forget the Basmati saffron oily rice!!! oh god, I’m getting hungry – I better go get some raw onion breadbefore I drive to House Of India (restaurant )

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

pasta!!!!!!!!
    and jasmine rice

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Cakes. My own, of course! And pasta or risotto (living in Italy…)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Spaghetti, and my father’s family is Italian, too. Oh, the agony!

• Cooked pulses … just very simply done. But I do eat these on occasion, so perhaps they don’t count.

• PIZZA HUT!!! PIZZA HUT PIZZA HUT PIZZA HUT - You get the picture – PIZZA HUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

polo fezanjun, sigh …with hot stemaed basmati and roasted tomatoes…....oh the agony!!! i have almost recreated the sause though, still working on a chicken substitute…and ive grown fond of cualiflour andpine nut , “rice”

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Big, fat chocolate-chip cookies from the Safeway bakery. Oh jeez. They are evil. Besides the fact that they’re cooked, I can’t even imagine how much fat and calories is in one of those things.

Oh, and Cheezits. More evilness.

• Oatmeal. With toasted hazelnuts and brown sugar. This thread makes me hungry ;-)

• Margherita pizza,Hmmmm you know,the really perfect fancy crust and the oilve oil and basil.Oh my such a lovely yummy thing.

• oh and indian food…powerhose wraps.

• pizza, of course!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Veggie lasagna with lots of cheese, falafel pita sandwich with extra garlic sauce, crackers with cheese, my sister’s lentil soup, roasted nuts (all kinds), roasted potatoes with rosemary…..but you know what, nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels.

• I agree sarahj!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Bread. Almost any kind but esp. any “poufy” bread that you can’t make raw. Raw bread are all flat and solid – no pouf or bounce. I do like raw flat breads and they are a good sub for cooked flat breads but there is no good soft raw breads.

Sourdough bread, pita breads, french bread. My favorite is French Peasant Bread by Breadsmith (I call it “Medieval Bread”.) or any sourdough bread that I can get around here in the SF Bay Area.

I never realized how much bread I eat until I started raw.

Popcorn too – but I still eat that. There is no good raw sub.

Vegan cheese would be next on the list – as well as Veganaise.

• queenfluff,how I miss soy cheese powerhouse sandwiches with veganaise.

• Breads, chips, and anything salty and crunchy. Butter and cheese. Although, I have noticed after being high raw for a while and then going back to eating some of these things they taste really funny to me and kind of disappointing. But still have cravings for some things I am probably very addicted to.

• For anyone here that craves the breaded non raw foods,do most of you have a dehydrator and make raw crackers????

• Pineapple cheese pizza dipped in ranch dressing! Indian food- thick doughy Naan bread drenched in an eggplant potato curry. Thai veggie coconut curry with brown rice and sweet and sour tofu. I am amidst a juice fast- this is killing me:)

• poor earth hugger!Ha:) keep going on your fast,just think how good you will feel when you are finished and how your outlook will look. All the food you crave will be there if you ever want to have it again.Keep going and good luck!Just remember we have all been where you are,its all worth it.

• Cooked millet, brown rice, pancakes and oatmeal, soyamilk. Hungarian vegetable dishes. And wholemeal bread of course.

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

I am finding that quitting cooked food is similar to quitting smoking…pretty intense at the beginning while your body adjusts and then easier and easier each day. Also, when I first quit smoking (almost 2 years ago now), the smell of a cigarette was still really, really nice to me. Now, the smell makes me gag and run away. Similarly with cooked food. As time goes on, when I do sample a bit of cooked food, it doesn’t taste the same nor does it ‘feel’ the same. Wow, and I’m pretty new. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Did my thread make everyone hungry for naughty food? I am sorry!!! At least we know we are not alone in our weaknesses!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

OOOps. What just happened? I didn’t mean to post again!

• No Luna blu – I crave these things all the time. No worries!

Earth Hugger – Oh I forgot to mention Naan bread! OIly, buttery naan bread. Nothing’s better than Indian food!

• Flybaby- Mmmm Lecho…:( And stuffed cabbage :(
    Ethnic foods basically but the “veggie version” is what I miss.
    My brother’s home baked pizza (low-cal, low salt, very veggie).
    Have to say I’ve come up with some Raw versions of the ethnic food though!

• cobaltdragonfly, don’t even say that hmmm….
    Could you share some of the recipes pleease?

• Lol… stuffed peppers and slaw…
    Sure!