Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Restaurants in Maryland?

Does anybody know of any raw food restaurants in MD?

Comments

• I live in Maryland and I have yet to find a raw food restaurant. Which totally stinks. Think there might be one in VA… but thats too long of a drive for me.

• I am from Maryland. There are potlucks in the area (NaturalZing). As for restaurants, I heard Liquid Earth in baltimore has some raw items and the Yabba Pot has raw food too. In towson there is a juice bar. That’s all that I know of right now. Pennsylvania has a lot of restaurants that aren’t too far.

• YAY for PA.

• Zia’s in Towson was or had a raw dinner recently. Yabba pot is great,although a bit salty for me so I take carry out and mix it with other greens.and yes,Liquid Earth is quite good. Where are you located? If you are in Baltimore ,once the Sunday farmers market starts there is a great stand there that serves wonderful sprouts and such,other than just all the great veg/fruit stamnds. If yo! u hear of anything else let us kn!ow

• I am still currently in Qu

• I am from Columbia. This is a really dumb question, but what’s a potluck? I’ll check all those places out! Thanks:)

• OMG! Rawclaire, I am from Columbia too! A potluck is where people get together and everyone brings a meal and shares it with everyone else. I hope you would be interested?

• Thew Yabba Pot! They have greatr Live Kale.

• I love the Yabba pot,has anyone tried their TUNO salad???They never have it when I go.

• wow! Yes, I would be interested adensspell. The only problem is that I’m 13. Too bad there aren’t Pure Food and Wine restaurants in every corner of the street. I’d love to go there sometime. mham – could you tell me a little more about Zia’s and Yabba Pot? Sounds interesting! Thanks.

• rawclair where are you located? Hopefully these places are close to you.Both places have websites,you should look them up.Hopefully you can go to both of them!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

There is Yabba Pot… and Everlasting Life Cafe… and if you don’t mind the drive and waiting until Summer 2008, there’s Loving Life Cafe (awesome place) opening in Hanover, PA (close to MD).

• Oh I have heard wonderful things about loving life cafe,never been but missed the last group outing out there. germin8 have you been to zias or the yabba pot?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Zias? Is that around here in MD/DC/VA? Tell me more.

Nope, haven’t been to Yabba. I live in Northern VA, so it’s not often I pass by there. Well, it’s not often I pass by Loving Life Cafe… either, but we love going there when taking a road trip north!

• what’s the website for Zia’s? I couldn’t find it on google.

• I can’t remember Zia’s website, but if you search Zia’s of Towson on google, it comes up. Zia’s doesn’t have too many raw food options, but they did just have a raw food dinner as someone mentioned. I understand that you are young rawclaire but maybe your parents or older siblings would be willing to come with you so that you can come to the potlucks? We are not totally sure of a location yet, it will most likely be a rotating location (i.e. we change from house to house). If you shop at roots I am sure we will run into each other. I used to work there and that’s where I do almost all my shopping. We are planning on posting information once we are more concrete about it on the bulletin board. The yabba pot is located in the inner city of Baltimore. I imagine it would be hard for you to get there by yourself since Columbia has almost zero transport outside of Howard County but you could again see if someone older would be willing to take you. Anyway it’s incredible that you are raw at such a young age! To everyone who is interested, I will update on here and at various local health food stores with the raw potlucks as soon as I am home and have worked out the details with my friend.

• Wow Adensspell, I shop at Roots all the time too (the one in Clarksville)! Thanks, I guess it s unusual that I’m raw at age 13. I’m sure my mother could take me to a potluck sometime! :) Too bad the Great Sage isn’t a raw restaurant, vegan, but not raw. I’ll search that on google, thanks!

• Yep that’s the one I used to work at. Yeah it is too bad Great Sage isn’t raw or even have raw options. I always wished they would add a few.