Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Champion Juicer???

I have had a centrifugal juicer for about a year and a half, and it is wonderful for harder, more dense items. It’s not so good with my leafy greens, especially wheat grass!! So, I decided to purchase the Champion Household Juicer 2000 PLUS. Does anybody know about this juicer? Did I make a good choice here? I bought it online, so I won’t have it for about a week or so. Can anybody tell me about this juicer? Pros and cons?? Thanks…

Comments

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

heres a link to some raw foodist talking about how much they like their champions , link =

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=373…;highlight=champion+juicer ...

• ive been reading about juicers / talking to rawfoodist on line for 2 years about them , plus saw one at a store and its the one im buying when my old one wears out shortly . people report having theirs for 20 / 30 years all the time . its very simple and very heavy duty . a while back at another forum we were talking juicers and one guy brought up that a couple of the very popular juicers like sampson and omega weigh around 8 lbs , and that the champion weighs 23 lbs . and that extra 15 lbs is ALL motor , thats how much more power it has and the reason they last so long . its just like a big wash machine motor with a spinning axle sticking out of it . and the thing with the champ is that the pulp ejects out into a bowl you place at the end as opposed to alot of centrifugal juicers where the pulp goes into a closed compartment . and with this pulp ejection design you can quickly / easily take the pulp and run it back thru the shoot to get more juice out of it . plus people rave about the fruit ice cream you can make with it . just dont drop the box on your foot cuz its heavy ;-)
  • I think the champion is a great juicer. I’ve had mine 25 years and it has held up really well. The only downfall is that it does not juice leafy greens well at all. If you are going to be juicing greens there are other juicers that do a better job.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I have an omega, they are similar. It was between the Champ. and the Omega. I went with Omega, beacuse my mom has one and liked it. You will be happy with your choice I am sure!

• The Champion juicer is awesome. I’ve had one for about 14 years and it is still working just amazingly. It won’t however, juice wheatgrass. It does okay for other greens, as long as you follow it with a carrot. I purchased a manual wheatgrass juicer on ebay very cheap.

• Thanks everybody for the feedback!

Luna- I just looked up the omega, it does look pretty similar. I hope mine is just as good!

Michigan- I checked out the link, thanks. The more imput I read the better. How do they make that ice cream? Do you just freeze the pulp?

LimeLady & jkvetter-that stinks about the wheatgrass and leafy greens because that’s actually the only reason I bought it! Hopefully it does better than the one I already own.

I read a few reviews on the manual wheatgrass juicers only to find out that they rust very easy over a short period of time. I also read on amazon that a few of them leak silver into the juice…scary!

• I just got a champion juicer (from a guy on craigslist for $50!!!) and I love it! You will not believe how incredible fresh vegetable juice makes you feel. I felt like I was flying as I rode my bike after making my first cup of beet/carrot juice!

• Just curious… Does anyone else have trouble with their Champion making their juices warm? I don’t really love my Champion and was actually thinking of selling it and getting a GreenStar or something similar with twin gears. I hear they don’t heat up the juice as much.

• My juicer arrived in the mail today, but there wasn’t an owner’s manuel! Also, because I bought it used, it wasn’t in it’s original box…so I don’t know what to do with some of the extra parts! I’m afraid to turn it on and use it, because I’m not sure if I assembled it correctly!! :/ I mean it looks like I did it right, but then again, who knows!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Does the omega do wheatgrass? If I purchase a more expensive juicer I want one that does wheatgrass ( I have an inexpensive breville)

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I’m with you kminty3. I’m looking for a juicer that juices wheatgrass and greens efficiently. Any suggestions?

chakra essence heres a link to assembling the champion =

http://championjuicer.com/redirect.php?action=l… ...

and concerning juicers for greens everyone says the GREEN STARS the best , for everything including greens/wheatgrass . but it costs over 400 .

then the next 2 are the OMEGA and SAMPSON , which both cost like 220 ish . ive never owned any of these , but since going raw a few years ago ive spent alot of time at raw forums talking diet / appliances and’ve seen many people whoms opinions i came to respect over time make these above recomendations . i’ll bring back a link to a great site describing juicers in detail .

ok heres link , its a great site by people into rawfoods whom give great detail on blenders / juicers / dehydrators . watch for the underlined words to click on in order to get to many pages of excellent detail . theyve got a great page comparing all juicers and their recomendations for your needs = www.discountjuicers.com ...

in cas that above champion link isnt working heres another , once at page click the top square that says ’ no photo avaliable ’ to get to assembly video . link =

http://championjuicer.com/links.php?lPath=3 ....

• I have the samson and it juices greens and wheatgrass….and the pulp is dry and its a breeze to clean.