Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Palm oil

I know I’ve seen it in stores. It’s a fat that is solid at room temp. Just wondering if anyone had any info on the subject. I know coconut oil gets solid above a certain temp and is still raw. I was wondering if this was in the same category.

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Yup, it’s supposed to be good for you like coconut oil is.

• I knew my friend coconutty would have my back. Wondering if I could use it instead of coconut oil for a solid fat without that extra flavor parts.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Oh yeah definitely. I got some that I use when I don’t want that strong coconut presence!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh yeah, I saw it too! I recognized it from eating Fats that Heal Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus. It’s supposed to be one of the ‘superior’ or best ones out there… for fat. I’ll have to double-check my book again and give you the reference… page number… or whatever else it says about palm oil.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

palm oil good for you? That is news to me!!

• Red Palm oil is supposed to be better than regular palm oil because it contains things like coq10 and squalene. I like coconut oil because it is high in MCTs and antibacterial. I am not sure if palm oil has these qualities as well.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

If I were you I’d check with the manufacturer t see if it is raw or not. If you find a raw brand will you post it here? Palm oil has those tochrtinol thingies in it which are rare and good for you… and impossible to spell.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

My apologies… it was Neem Oil that was good for you. I don’t know much about palm oil. And, yes I saw palm oil for the very first time at the Common Market in Frederick, MD.

• locustgirllocustgirl Raw Newbie

red palm oil is good for you. it has quite a different flavor to it though. you may want to mix it with another oil like coconut.

• Is this the palm oil that is causing massive deforestation to take place?

• An excellent source for real red palm oil is Rainforest Red Palm Oil. This has got to be by far the best red palm available in North America. You get it for $19.95 at www.rainforestredpalmoil.com

• Palm oil is one of the oils higher in essential fatty acids, but not the highest (linseed, rapeseed, sunflower, walnut.)

I refuse to use it, the manufacture of palm oil involves heavy deforestation (as opposed to the others which are farmed.)

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

ouch- thanks for the link grateful about the deforestation. no matter how good something is for you, if getting it is bad for the planet then its bad for all of us.