Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's your favorite recipe on this site?

I thought it would be interesting to find out everybody’s personal favorite recipes on this site. If you have too many favorites (like me), just list a bunch of them! A few of my favorites: shannonmarie’s cinnamon buns poemomm’s snickerdoodles many of the ice cream recipes well, there’s many more, just hard to remember them! :)

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Raw chocolate!

• blueberry fruit tart!

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

walnut meat! yummy tacos

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

the broc salad is rad too

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I haven’t tried as many recipes as I have planned to try yet but I have a few that I have made a few times or will definately make again:

Kandances Zucchini Hummus

Creamy Cucumber Soup

Corn Chowder Soup

Caramel Dip

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I am sure the list will keep growing! My “to try” list is pretty long!

• I haven’t made too many yet, but I find myself craving Kandace’s cheezy nori snacks!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Thai Salad with Peanut Sauce, I could eat it every day.

• thedailyraw’s Summer Breeze

I tried it for the first time today! And I loved it!

• Strawberry Cheesecake Tart! It’s the best!! :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Mango Cheesecake.

Yup, I’m not tired of it… I must’ve mentioned this cheesecake 10 times on this site since I first made it.

This is a good question! Because, sometimes… I don’t feel like experimenting… and I just want a great recipe that will turn out right the first time. Good question… I’ll be coming back here for some ideas on recipes to try!

• I’m eating the first thing I’ve ever made from this site right now- Donut Holes!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Collard green wraps with peanut sauce (made of almond butter)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

The date and fig squares, the macaroons, Kandaces onion bread and her ceaser dressing. cillantro noodles too! I love food, I could go on! ;)

• wonderful,so glad you liked the cilantro noodles Luna blu!

I am a pretty simple eater but I must say he hummus recipes,pates are lovely…if I had a dehydrator I think I might try some of these more filling fancy treats! Oh I wish to make a raw lasanga…maybe one day!

• fajitas
    • 5 minute asian wraps
    • tuna sandwich in collards
    • lemon cookies
  • Hmmm, Kandace’s zucchini hummus is a staple for us right now. I keep cold crisp romaine lettuce for dipping. It’s even better than the traditional garbanzo hummus. Varying asian wraps with collard leaves and the sesame dipping sauce is a close second.

• susannabellajanesusannabellajane Raw Newbie

Goddess Chrissy’s Kale Chips!! My husband, who is an enthusiastic eater but wary of vegetables loves these chips….I substitute lemon juice for the vinegar, add a bit extra water to substitute salt for nama shoyu, and add three-four cloves of garlic instead of one, plus a hearty pinch of red pepper flakes…the end result should be a traditional hummus flavoring but when dried with the kale it almost reminds me of sour-cream-onion….everyone who has been to visit LOVES these chips.

There are so many other favorites it is hard to pcik just one…the tuna salad / collard green wraps are amazing, and I’ve made the cinnamon rolls a dozen times. I adored the Rock and Roll Kale Salad posted recently and found the complex spicy sweet curry taste to be quite lovely…the spinach salad with walnut, green apple and vanilla vinagrette is amazing, especially with a few sliced strawberries thrown in.

So many recipes, so little time! :)

• The Thai salad with ‘peanut’ sauce, Kandace’s hummus (especially as I’m avoiding legumes!:), and the Sesame balls…! I cannot stop eating those!

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

I thought I’d revive this topic as it’s fun to see what everyone’s been making lately with success.

What are some of your favorite recipes from this site you’ve tried recently?

Last night I made Ofek’s ‘Real Hummus’ and it was amazingly delicious! OMG! Even my picky husband truly thought it was excellent! I highly recommend trying this one. Healthy, super flavorful, light and very economical. This will surely become a staple and made on a regular basis. I could rave all day about this hummus which is indeed the best I’ve tasted in a long time!

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/2247-Real-Hummus

Thanks Ofek!

Anyone remember Jamestheraw? He had some great recipes too! His ‘Tuna salad sandwiches’ was another delicious favorite of mine. I’m planning on making this over the weekend as I haven’t had it in a while. This is also super flavorful, but a lot heavier with the almonds, pinenuts, avocado, etc. So it will be my weekend treat :-)

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1908-tuna-salad-...

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

raw bacon, amazing every time!

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Hi Zoe – there are 3 raw bacon recipes on this site. Which one do you like? :-)

Maybe I’ll make some for breakfast this weekend. Sounds good!

• I love this thread, but I cannot find the Thia salad with peanut sauce that is refered to here. Could someone post the link? Thanks!

I like the sweet potato crisp from Zoe! Thanks Zoe!

• We love the mangavo wraps! Most everything I have made from this site has been good. Thanks for the topic. I have been writing down some of your favorites as recommendations to try.

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

My favorites are:

• Kind of off topic a bit, but can you make the onion bread without flax or hemp? Will it work with sprouted buckwheat flour or something instead? Maybe sesame seeds? THANKS!

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

I never thought I would like raw eggplant, but I love Evergreen’s caponata. I like to put it on flax crackers- it tastes like a little pizza. Thank you Evergreen!

I also liked Karriej’s puttanesca pasta. If you haven’t tried it you should :)

And one that I use a lot: Ambikalee’s nanamilk. mmmmnanamilk :)

And my husband really likes Zoe’s seed cheese with spring onions.

Thanks everyone who posts recipes. I’m very grateful!

• Mmmm Chow Mein Cinnamon Rolls – very good when you need sweet stuff veggie wraps-with collard greens

• domesticgoddess-I think you really need the flax to bind the onion bread all together.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

domestic goddess, you can try chia or zucchini.