Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Wrap ideas???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I have some collards, I have romaine lettuce. I have sunflower seeds I have spices. I do not have avocados, tomatoes, peppers, nuts and such. I do have carrot pulp though. What can I do to make a wrap????

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

sunflower seed pate! Sorry don’t have any recipes though. Do a search for some nut/seed pates, changing out for the sunflower seeds shouldn’t make too big of a difference! Roll it up and eat ;-)

• i would belnd the carrot pulp with the sunflower seeds, lemon juice or vinegar, olive oil, and maybe throw in some of the romaine, and wrap them in the collards.

• How about blending the sunflower seeds until they’re fine then adding the carrots and with some cumin, wrap it in the collards with the romaine and tomatoes?

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I had tacos for supper today! They were really good. I blended in the food processor, a couple leafs of romaine lettuce along with a little bit of red onions and about a 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds. I added a little lemon juice, salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne, a few large dashes of cumin, a couple large dashes of oregano. Rolled it up in collard leaves (with the stem cut off) and it was great! Though my mom and the kids kind of laughed at me for eating a green wrap taco, it tasted just like the tacos she always made which had pinto beans, turkey burger (our family is cheap minded and health minded) and salsa in it as well as taco seasonings and all the other spices.

Anyway, thank you all for the ideas! If I would have checked this site again, I would have added carrot pulp as I have a ton in the freezer I need to use up.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

The ‘peanut dipping sauce’ at goneraw is fabulous! I made it, and dipped collard greens wrapped around avocado, sliced carrots, and sliced jicama.