Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What spiralizer is best? World Cuisine or ???

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I want to make noodles out of carrots, parsnips, pumpkin, jicama, zucchini, squash, etc.

I’ve heard of Saladecco and Spirooli – can they handle root vegetables?

Should I buy both?

Comments

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I have the saladecco and it can’t really handle much more than things that are already in the right shape- I’ve done zucchinis, carrots and beets successfully and turnips less successfully already. I wouldn’t recommend it though- it cuts into very thin noodles or flat half circle-type things. It also can’t handle a veggie that isn’t completely firm. I think the spirooli might be better, I’ve never tried it.

• I just got this “World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer” for $40 from Amazon. Although it does kind of look like a Medieval torture device, it makes a nice pasta! It was my very first time making raw pasta. I used butternut squash with the medium blade, and it came out wonderful. I have found that other spiralizers make a thin angel hair cut, which I find is a little too thin for my liking. This one is more like a spaghetti, and the texture was great!

• I have the Spiroli and I used it on sweet potatoes the other day and it worked fine.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Thanks for the info on the saladecco – i was wary of buying it. It sounds like the World Cuisine one works much better. Thanks so much for recommending it!

• i have the world cusine one and it’s good in my opinion. I was looking for one and everywhere i went there was horrible reviews about the saladacco. so many that the company actually created a page called “how to use your saladacco spiralizer” and the instructions went into how you basically have to buy the right vegetables and can only do 3 inches at a time and on and on… so i’d stay away from that one.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have the world cuisine one too. Just love it!

• I have the Saladacco and I can’t stand it. I’m looking for something more consistent and sturdy.

• So is the World Cusine one the best then? Or is there another kind that’s just as good or better?

• I have the Saladacco, and it works fine but the one I saw on Amazon.com looks more versatile, I would go with that one.