Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

beauty products

honeywaterhoneywater Raw Newbie

has anyone tried any of tanya zavasta of beautifulonraw.com’s beauty products? i’m really interested in trying the facial cream: http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Anti_Aging_Cream_…

has anyone tried it, or does it look good? it seems like a good price for 2oz, i’ve spent up to $150 on facial creams that size! i’ve just been wanting to start using something more natural, and this is looking pretty fabulous. whadda think?

also, tell me about your favorite natural beauty products! i’m in love with 100% pure (100percentpure.com)!

beautyskincare

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

check out the mod skin care products on www.poshorganix.com.. they are fab and less expensive!

beautyskincare
  • carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Honeywater – your skin looks beautiful and radiant already! But, i understand your concern! I have been looking into this lately as well… just seems so expensive! I came across a blog the other day (raw foods blog) and the woman on there sells natural products as well… her site is www.greenridgeherbals.com her name is colleen. I’m also going to check out the 2 that you mention. Hopefully we’ll be able to find something reasonable! My natural foods store has tons of products, but i’m always hesitant to try… my skin is oily on the surface and dry underneath and i’m prone to “bumps”, not breakouts. So, i need something that is oil-free. Good luck!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

honeywater – I used to work in the beauty industry for high-end cosmetic companies, then switched to natural brands: I was convinced I needed skin cleanser, exfoliant, eye cream, separate body moisturizer, shaving cream, etc. etc. I’ve managed to whittle my routine down to extra virgin coconut oil and skin brushing and I think my skin looks better than it ever has (saved a lot of money too). I have a soft facial brush to dry brush my face, large for the body, the coconut oil works as facial cleanser and makeup remover (remove with a damp cloth), under-eye cream, shaving oil and body moisturizer. I haven’t been able to give up some makeup unfortunately, so I use Gabriel Color – really high quality makeup, the best eye shadows and lip glosses (they sell it at my health food store).

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I second that amysue. I used to be a hair dresser – the ultimate product pusher when it came to hair. Now I don’t even use shampoo and I hardly use soap. Everything is better than it used to be.

I used to have all these different skin care products and creams. Now all I use is coconut oil and some MSM lotion. My wallet is fatter and my dresser and my bathroom cabinets and my shower have no more clutter.

So, don’t feel you need to buy a bunch of expensive products to stay beautiful.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Tanya’s product seems great, although it also easy enough to make. Just take the oils she used (except for the coconut), take the herbs, put them together in a jar and leave them there for a few weeks, then strain, add the coconut oil, and anything else you want, like MSM. I couldn’t find a price so I don’t know which would be better to do.

As for costmetics, I like Larenim’s products. They have some great eyeshadow shades, and don’t use bismouth oxychloride in the production of their makeup.

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Same here, amysue and queenfluff.

I use coconut oil for everything.

You shouldn’t put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t eat.

alexisp
  • LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Tonya Zavasta’s products are excellent!! I really like them,and they do an amazing job on my skin.

• ValaVala Raw Newbie

I love Tonya

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Me too Kevlar. Except I buy organic yogurt from a little local farm and use that on my face to cleanse it. Being vegan, I put it on my face but I wouldn’t eat it!! Ha ha! Coconut oil rocks. That is my moisturinzer. i have been doing this routine for 1 month now, and my skin is the best it’s been ever. It is radiant and clear!!!

Wow – i’m surprised how many people use just coconut oil on their skin… I have combination skin – dry underneath and oily on the surface and I tend to get bumps on my forehead. What do you guys use to cleanse your skin with? Do you put the Coconut Oil on and then wipe it off or do you leave it on all day??? I have some broken cappliaries on my face and I hate them so i tend to use concealer on them. Do you know of anything that will help with that? Luna Blu – what does the yogurt do to cleanse the skin? I’ve never heard of using that before. I’m just afraid that if i switch over to coconut oil that my skin will break out really bad… it makes sense what Kevlar said – you shouldn’t put anything on your face that you wouldn’t eat… but, i’m still a little concerned…

• yeah I can second third and fourth cleaning your skin with coconut oil. I just slather it on and taunt the kids while I have it on and then I will either jump in the shower and let some steam get to it or I leave it on for five minutes then wipe clean with a warm cloth.

carrie6292 – I have combination skin too and I do use it to cleanse my face like ardesmond2, but it works better if I dry brush with a soft facial brush first to get rid of the dead skin (feels good too). If you put the coconut oil on top of dead skin it won’t absorb as well. Not sure about the broken capillaries, sorry!

• OKay amysue.. that makes since I have to get a facial brush. Is that the specific name or is it just some soft brush you found.

Thanks – this really helps! I’ll try to see if my natural foods store has a facial brush. We’ll see :)

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

I second the coconut oil—it works awesome! I have put some grapeseed oil around my eyes for crow’s feet before but I am trying Burt’s Bees Ageless with pomegranate, borage and evening primrose oil and I like it so far. For anyone with concerns about problem skin, I think I have read somewhere that coconut oil actually works to normalize skin and help with breakouts and acne—it does have antifungal and antibacterial properties.

beautyskincare
  • southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

honeywater- why do you need skin products…you look like a freakin’ supermodel! :)

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I agree with southernlover.. Honeywater.. I don’t mean to get too personal.. but are you a model? I swear I’ve seen your picture somewhere other than here. Please take this as a compliment!

beautyskincare
  • Seriously, you all look like supermodels! I guess that is what raw living does, it brings out the beauty outside and within. Everyone on this site just glows! Thanks for the shout out Carrie! If anyone mentions they found my handmade skincare products here just mention this coupon code when checking out (goneraw) for a 10% discount I will apply. www.greenridgeherbals.com

Hey rawleen – nice to see you on here :)

I agree with Kminty – i thought honeywater looked like a model (or actress) too…. she’s beautiful!

So, i tried the Coconut Oil as a cleanser and it seems to work fine. I’m going to keep using it for a few weeks and see what happens. I’m confused though – should i be using it as a moisturizer as well? I’m so excited by what Gypsycowgirl wrote about it actually improving combination skin! Yay!

ardesmond2 – sorry, missed your question – it’s a Bass brush and it’s just soft enough, but feels very therapeutic, even on my neck which can’t handle the body brush.

• QortyQorty Raw Newbie
    edited June 2022

I love those chewable vitamins too! Great stuff. Btw, I usually buy La Roche Posay lip balm at Apotheke. Girls, it's a marvellous thing! You could only know how many lip balms I've tried in my life. Some of them looked just ugly, while others had no effect. My friend told me about this lipstick when we were studying at nwcollege.edu. So, I highly recommend it for anyone struggling with dry lips. Generally, La Roche Posay has many great things to try, so if you are looking for a product you've never used before, feel free to trust them. Be happy, take care

ClaireT
  • alexispalexisp Raw Jr. Leader

I use organic coconut oil all over my face and body I rub it in. I agree with someone who said if you won’t eat it, don’t put it on your body. I use herbal salves on my lips from sweet woodland farm  

ClaireT