Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% raw challenge!

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I am on day 5 of my 100% raw challenge, and feel incredible!!!!!!!!

What I would like to know is, if anyone is up to the challenge for next week. I am going to do it again starting Monday for my second week. I think I may need some support by then! Maybe not, but it would be nice to know others are in the same boat!! :0 !

Comments

• I am up for this! I went raw beginning of Feb but fell hard off the wagon….im still eating raw meals but then I will eat cooked meals too – I need some accountability to keep me focused!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

YAY!! :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I went 100 % recently, and I am now on a program that is even more strict – it could definitely help for us to be in it together. :)

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

Great timing! I’m in!

• i am in until friday (vegan dinner night out planned). we starting monday? maybe i’ll start sunday to compensate.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve been 100% raw exactly 1 week (no unraw ingredients-miso, nama shoyu, etc). I feel so much better that I don’t plan on ever eating cooking food ahead…ambitious, but exciting! I’m ready for week 2! Week two finds me on vacation… i’ll be rawkin out in Chicago, visiting the raw foods restaurant in the suburbs.

• i am already in… but happy to provide support!

ps, when you say 100% raw… do you mean no miso, nama shoyu, shelled nuts, etc, or are you a little more flexible? just curious.

• Wow, there are a lot of raw beginners here. Me too! Today is my 5th day 100% raw (after 4 days of transition. I was planning more transition but got impatient).

I’m following the 80-10-10 plan (just finished the book) and so far so good. I tried raw once before a year ago, but only lasted a few days (I think I wasn’t eating enough and had to resort to too much fatty nuts & seeds).

You really need to down the fruit in order to eat enough and keep the fat low. I’m eating so many bananas per day (6 to 8). They’re my new bread/pasta/rice!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

This will be my third attempt at staying 100% raw. The first time I lasted 5months. The second time I felt much better and lasted 56 days ‘til the holiday chocolates began rolling in to work. I’ve had such a hard time finding my way back on especially after reading 80-10-10! I just don’t want to eat 1 food group of fruit. By 2pm I want a savory something—dressing, dip. So I’m being kind to my raw self and just staying raw.I’m absolutely with you on the food. I still have 1/2 c of coffee in the am, and wine with friends on Sat. night. I desperately need accountability and this will also appeal to my competitive side.

• Me and my husband are in. We usually eat 3-4 cooked vegan meals per week, so 100% for us will mean eliminating these. We still have brazil nuts and liquid aminos to use up, among other things.

One day we’ll get rid of all of those things on the list.

Good luck everyone!

• I’m in! I have been 100% for the last two days and I would say at least 85% for a week. Good luck everyone, we can do this!

Woohoo! It’s like a little 100% party :)

Yay, this will be a great support system!!

Everything raw! I have read and been told that nama shoyu is unpasturized so I use a splash of it for my salad dressings!

I have Julianos uncookbook RAW, and he is a freak about raw and it’s in alot of his recipes! I am pretty sure David Wolfes site sells it too! He is the raw God! :)

Yup, I just went on Sunfood Nutrition, and it describes Nama as being organic, unpasturized, full of healthfull live enzymes!

It is still soy, so I use it sparingly because soy sucks! I give myself this one transgression! At least it’s raw!

• some people think it’s not raw because it’s made from a base of cooked ingredients. i think it’s a it silly, myself.

juliano also uses stuff like raisins, which are usually dried at too high of a temperature… it goes on and on this way. i personally would just as soon stay out of that rabbit hole!

Ya, well I did use the word freak when I referred to him! HA HA ;)

The nuts I will be using are from Real Raw Food in B.C. These people got into this business, because they got pissed off when they found out that nuts are pasturized! They have been raw for 3 years and wanted good stuff for themselves. They deal cloely with the farms that supply them. Nice guy, I spoke with him at length about raw! I would highly recomend them. They have a $100 minamum, but for me that’s fine! I will just throw them into the chest freezer!

He actually wanted Rawclairs maccaroon recipe for himself and his wife!!

I am still going strong!!! Looking forward to being joined by you all on Monday!

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Count me in too. This may be just what I need to get back on the raw wagon.

This is day 5 of my new eating adventure, & it’s getting more familiar & so less overwhelming, & I owe most of it to the support from all of you – thanks!

• green girlgreen girl Raw Newbie

I am all over this. I thought I was 100% raw until I started reading the dead food list. Apparently there are a few things I need to cut out to be 100% raw, so this is a great time to throw those items out and start freah!

• I’m in Monday through Friday. I have a million reasons why this will be good for me, so why not go for it? When I was truly 100% in the past, I had amazing results. That’s the best reason of all!

• I just saw this post. Im IN!!! I was raw for 4 days and fell off the wagon on to my face today… So I will get back up and start again! Im with you guys…. Monday it is!

• i’m in too. i’m on day 4 of 100% raw and am loving it!

savannasmommy – haha – I loved the way you said that – off the wagon onto my face :D I know how it feels. :)

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i’m on day 12 of 100% raw and i feel like i’ve been run over by a big truck! my goal is to be 100% for two months. i began on my birthday, mid-february doing one cooked vegan meal a day and i felt horrible, so i decided to just jump in with both feet. i’m blogging about it too at heartshapedsky.vox.com.

is anyone interested in opening a vox blog and making a big raw community there? i love vox and i’d love to know what others are eating.

xoxo ami

• Hey I’m new here and on day 5 of 100 % raw. Had my sons birthday party today and still stayed raw. Some people even ate the raw chips I made instead of the junk i bought for the kids. Even stayed away from the birthday cake which was really hard. So I’m in too I think I’m gonna need some support too.

• I’m in…I’ve been 100% for 4 weeks starting tomorrow!!! It’s been great, and I loooooove swapping raw experience stories with others, so I’m down!

• I’m in! Have been doing great until today! bummer. Monday it is for me too!

• i am really having trouble staying on track at night. i am raw every day until about 7pm and then things start to go downhill into snack land.

i made some raw corn chips and 2 big bags of kale chips, so hopefully healthy snacks can keep me motivated. i’m so excited to feel wonderful!

heartshapedsky – Green juices & cleansing can help get you on your way if you are not slowly transitioning. The detox can be awful if not helped with something to clean house.

lalala – How do you make kale chips? Veggies with some kind of hearty dip can really help me with the snackies!