Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need some help!!

So I made the transition over to raw food a little over a month ago… I transitioned quickly and have leveled off at about 85 to 90 percent raw, the last few days being 100 percent. WELL, last night I work I decided I was going to order some of our sizzling forest mushrooms…cooked with white wine, olive oil, herbs, garlic, shallots…the works! Well I ate this around 9:30 last night with two pieces of bread. Around 4 am I had this burning feeling in my stomach…could not go back to sleep. Ended up having to call in sick to work this morning, and have been throwing up all morning, headache, stomach aches still, however I think everything is out of my system..COOKED food I hate you!! So the help I need is what should I eat?? I need something very mellow and soothing to my stomach. For some reason a nice banana comes to mind. Anyone else have a similar experience? What foods settled your stomach afterwards?

Comments

• green girlgreen girl Raw Newbie

When I stray off raw food, I instantly regret it. The only thing that helps me get back on track is green smoothies. There are many great recipes on this site and in Victoria Boutenko’s Green for Life book. Hope you feel better soon!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Banana was the first thing that came into my head before I finished reading your post. Go with your instincts on this one.

• I agree green girl,green smoothies or you can stand it maybe just teas if you drink them to give your digestion a rest. I just posted my experience,I am extremely bloated right now on the “I ate a bagel” post. Hope you feel better,I guess sometimes it is good to be reminded that eating clean keeps us happy and healthy.You will feel better soon,it will pass only because I have and am there with you now.

• Thanks for all your help! Mham, what were WE thinking?? haha. Like you said it is good to be reminded how clean eating keeps us happy! Stay strong with me! I just had half a banana and stepped outside for some fresh air and I am feeling better by the minute!

• good to hear it,the banana should be fine!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I know that fresh ginger juice & ginger tea help soothe upset tummies, but I don’t know if that is just more for the flu? B.R.A.T. diet is what is recommended for people with upset tummies: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. Of course, omit the cooked foods, especially since that is what got you into this mess! ;) Sounds like you were right on with the banana, though. Way to go :)

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Oh Karen22 – poor you. Feel better soon. We’ve all been there. Bananas, bananas, I agree.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i would actually refrain from eating too much. i would start the morning with ginger juice in water, and sip slowly till you feel hungry. you don’t eat yourself healthy, the body needs time to restore.

on a side note, when slipping into cooked, i’d opt for something WAY cleaner. pretend you are allergic to grains and yeast, and only do veggies LIGHTLY steamed. you won’t feel as great as on raw, but you certainly won’t get that sick.