Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Parsley

JoescJoesc Raw Master

I dislike parsley. I use to love to use it when I made spaghetti, shrimp scampi etc. I accidently grabbed some parsely. I thought it was cilantro but it wasn’t. I didn’t realize it until I was home, and saw the label which was some special type of parsely that lookes like cilantro. I was wondering if anyone knows of some recipe where I can use the parsley. Nothing came up when I put it in the search. Please help. I can’t remember the type of parsely though.

Comments

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Tabouleh!! Yummy!! I don’t use quinoa when I make mine, just parsley, tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper. You can also add other veggies.

I recall humanimal posted a tabouleh recipe, and he uses cauliflower instead of quinoa. It’s Mom’s famous tabouleh, or something like that.

You can also blend into a soup, I think it would go well with cucumber and avocado.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Can you add a little to the green smoothies? I’ve never tried, so not sure how strong the taste would be. I have a tabouleh recipe that uses cauliflower too, and it is amazing! Maybe try that!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I found the recipe thanks. I have tried to put parsley in my smoothie before because I had some that were close to death and it turned out bad and the parsley died. I have a hard time throwing away things that can be consumed so usually if I don’t like it, it will stay in the fridge until it spoils.

• RawAllaRawAlla Raw Newbie

Joesc, How about putting it into the earth to increase tilth and complete the circle of life. I have a worm bin that composts my organic waste, dryer lint and recycling paper. Once the worms have done their magic, I put the worm castings in the yard and over we go again. Worm composting is like magic. I unreasonably love my worms and all the work they do for me.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I don’t have a worm bin. If the dog or the cat would eat it, I wouldn’t have a problem but they don’t like it. I will eat the recipe.

• I have seen a lot of juice recipes w/ parsely for energy(cucumber and parsely i think) but havent tried it yet. I bought a bunch the other day and made a pseudo pesto w/ spinich, parsely, basil, evoo, garlic and cant remember what else and it was sooooo good. lots of spinich!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

That might work out good too. I love spinach but I didn’t buy any because I planned to have cilantro or kale salads. But I didn’t get the cilantro on accident, so I should just go to the store.

• hope its not too late, parsely is a must for my basic seed pate, or seed loaf, i use 3 cups sprouted sunflower, juice of 2 lemons, Tbs. Nama Shoyu or Liquid Aminos (raw tamari), and lots of parsely! You can use the whole bunch! I cuisinart it only until mixed and there are no whole seeds. I prefer it thick, dry and chunky, helps it last, mix and digest better.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I have some still and I have sunflower seed that are wasting space in the fridge. That seems like a really simple recipe.